7.6.10

Quick Qs and As with Lee Nichols

Lee Nichols is the author of Deception, one fab book that is a must-read for all you YA loving people out there. To find out, more about her, visit her website here.

~~~

In your opinion, what are the top three reasons why teens or even adults should consider picking up Deception come its release?
  • It's romantic.
  • She's a kick-butt heroine.
  • Ghosts are the new vampires.
Emma is the main character in Deception, so can you tells us a little bit about her.
She's a seventeen-year-old girl, who, when her parents disappear on a mysterious business trip, discovers she can see and control ghosts and that they've been keeping her powers secret from. her
Most of Deception takes place at Thatcher, a private school in New England, which leaves me to wonder what made you choose to have the story take place there.
I wanted her to be thrown into a situation that was completely foreign to her--she's never been to private school or New England. And the school has a significant influence on her powers.
What was your favorite aspect of writing Deception?
Creating the world of ghostkeeping.
If you were offered the abilities of a ghost keeper, would you take them? Why or why not?
I don't think I'd want Emma's life, which gets pretty scary at times, but yeah it would be cool to see ghosts.
If Deception had a theme song, what would it be?
Elbow's Mirrorball. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq10PhUG9VQ
All of your previous books have been adult, so what made you decide to switch to YA for the Haunting Emma series?
I originally conceived the idea as a adult novel and kept making the character younger and younger, until I realized I wanted it to be a YA novel. YA is so fabulous right now, such great stories being told.
If you could spend the day with one of the characters from Deception, who would you pick? Why?
I love Emma. I'd love to have her as a friend.
With Deception's release date quickly approaching, do you have any plans of how you’ll spend that day?
Probably writing.
How do you come up with your characters names? Is it something that comes to you easily or do you go through many before deciding on the perfect one?
With Emma and Bennett, her love interest, I wanted names that were classic. And I always choose names based on personality and how they fit in with the mix of character names already in the book.
Everyone has guilty pleasures (T.V. Shows, magazines, etc.), so what are some of yours?
I love Private Practice, even though its plot lines are completely over the top. Apparently, I'll put up with any far-fetched story if I like the characters. And I'm seriously annoyed, if no one has left me their US magazine to read while I ride the bike at the gym.
What’s you typical day like?
Wake earlier than I want to with 5 year-old son. Make breakfast for him, coffee for me. Check email/blogs/facebook/twitter. Get him to school, write, pick him up. Have kid time, dinner, bed. Wow, I knew my life was boring, but writing it down, somehow made it more so.
What’s up next for you book-wise?
The second Haunting Emma book, BETRAYAL, comes out in March. I'm currently writing the third.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Fun questions! Thanks so much for having me.
~~~~

Thanks, Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com