26.9.12

Waiting on Wednesday (138)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

My picks for this week are...

Star Crossed by Jennifer Echols 

The first novel in a sizzling new series about a public relations firm, the stars they represent, and everything they’d rather keep private.

Wendy Mann loves her job rescuing celebrities from public relations scrapes. She grew up with nothing, and now she’s drawn to glitz, glamour, and a lighthearted lifestyle. She speaks her mind, so she’s just the tough cookie to tell stars the truth about how other people see them, even when they don’t want to hear it. But after six years at the top of her game, Wendy crosses the line. A star she was sent to save rebels against her and nearly gets her fired. To salvage her job, she must rehabilitate the career of a singing starlet with a penchant for posting inappropriate photos of herself and arguing online with her famous ex. Problem is, the ex is represented by Wendy’s arch nemesis from college, the hot and haughty Daniel Blackstone. And both stars are scheduled for a collision course on national television, broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Daniel’s uneasy when he hears Wendy Mann from his firm’s most hated competitor has been brought in to revive the career of his client’s ex-girlfriend. Daniel must win at any cost. And if he has to seduce Wendy to smooth the way to their partnership, he’s willing to sacrifice himself for the cause. But Daniel doesn’t count on the scorching heat between them—and when they get to Vegas, all bets are off.
The reasons why I can't read to read Star Crossed...

1) I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Echols! Sure, I haven't liked her latest books as much as her previous ones, but I'm always up to reading more by her!
2) This book is her official entrance into Adult fiction! So I'm curious to see how the transformation will go.
3) I really like the cover. It's the topical Contemp romance type of cover but it's still adorable.

Star Crossed will be released February 2013.  

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster


The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.
Reasons why I can't wait to read this one....

1) Ahh, a fantasy type book! I think that's reason enough.
2) I LOVE the cover! It's so eye catching!
3) The premise sound amazing! Plus it contains a mystery!

So basically I NEED this one now! :)

City of a Thousand Dolls will be released February 2013.

4 comments:

  1. I like both of these books too. I think Echols' move into adult fiction will be very good for her as I've felt some of her YA books have had some very steamy scenes. I also love the font on City of a Thousand Dolls while also being interested in the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, City of a Thousand Dolls is officially on my wish list. It looks amazing. Great picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. City of a Thousand Dolls was almost my pick for this week - - great choice! And really, just seeing 'Jennifer Echols' on a cover is enough to get me to buy (and read) a book. I don't think I knew she was doing an adult book, though, so thank you for that info!

    my pick this week if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of the City of a Thousand Dolls!!! That cover and summary makes me really want to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com