31.12.08

My Favorite Books of '08 and Happy New Year!

2008 has been an amazing year for young adult fiction. Every book I read was really good or excellent. I really don't think I read a truly terrible book this year. ( Isn't that amazing?) So, I've decided to list some of my favorite books from this year in no particular order.

  1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer

  2. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

  3. Shelter Me by Alex Mcaulay ( this is officially a '09 release, but I read it this year and it was great.)

  4. Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers

  5. Impossible by Nancy Werlin

  6. Identical by Ellen Hopkins

  7. Black Box by Julie Schumacher

  8. Sleepless by Terri Clark

  9. Evernight by Claudia Gray

  10. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

  11. Undone by Brooke Taylor

  12. Kitty Kitty by Michele Jaffe

  13. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

  14. All of the books Elizabeth Scott released this year

  15. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

And a ton of other books that I can't think of right now.

I hope '09 is another great year for YA like '08 was!!

What were some of your faves from this year? Where any of them ones I listed?


By the way, Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Some of my favorites were The Hunger Games, Undone, Jellicoe Road, Stealing Heaven, and a lot more that I can't think of right now.

    Happy New Year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of thoose are on my list! lol great list and Happy New Year!

    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see my novel, Courage in Patience, on your 2009 list of faves!
    Beth Fehlbaum, author
    Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
    http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
    Ch. 1 is online!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren - You just totally got my first day of this new year off to a great start! Thanks so much for listing Sleepless as one of your fave 08 reads. I'm sitting here grinning over my morning coffee. Happy New Year's! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR LAUREN!
    I'm doing a similar feature.....hope you have a great 2009! Keep blogging!
    <3 B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, thanks for enjoying Impossible -- and for saying so in public where Google would let me know! Happy new year! May 2009 be your best year yet!

    Nancy Werlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite of 08 was not on your list, so I hope you read it in 09.
    It's called Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley and is a very intriguing book. I also started read I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You, The Lovely Bones, Ana's Story, 5 books in the Gossip Girl Series,Someone Like You, This Lullaby, Dreamland(another one of my 08 faves), A Friend at Midnight,The Virginity Club, and more I can't think of! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com