Since you're on this page, I'm sure you would like to find out a bit more about me, and good for you- this is just the place to be for that kind of thing!(:
About Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf:
I started Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf in May of 2008 as a way to share my love of reading with others and to meet other readers. Thankfully, I found that the book blogging community is the perfect place to do such a thing.
Over the years, Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf has developed in some big ways. I have had a countless number of reviews, giveaways, and interviews/guest blogs on the site. The New York Times and other publications as well as fellow bloggers have interviewed me (Check out the links below!). I have had quotes from my reviews appear in several books. Most importantly, I have also found my niche in this fantastic community.
As you can probably tell, Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf is a blog mainly dedicated to Young Adult books. Why is that you may ask? Well, because I am just a teen myself so they are the perfect books for me. However, I have to admit I do enjoy Adult and Tween books occasionally as well.
My reviewing style is quite simple. I give a brief summary in my own words, talk about the characters, plot, and writing, and then wrap everything up with a brief sentence or two and grade- nothing too fancy nor too simple.
In all, it has been over four years of blogging and I sincerely hope it contains for plenty of more because I cannot picture my life without it! :)
Fun Facts about Me (updated January 2015)
- I live in Northeast PA. However, I hope to change that come my college graduation. I’m thinking somewhere warm.
- I turned 19 this past summer.
- I'm currently a sophomore in college.
- I attend Delaware Valley College and major in chemistry with a minor in business administration.
- I’m incredibly opinionated about….well…everything.
- My favorite TV shows: Friends, Gilmore Girls, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Revenge, Raising Hope
- My Favorite Authors: Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot, Jennifer Echols, Abbi Glines, and many, many more!
- I’m a little shy at first but once I warm up, you can’t get me to stop talking. ;)
- I’m addicted to clothes (Forever 21 is like a second home to me), and if I didn't have a book blog, I would most likely have a fashion blog.
- I volunteered at my local library for five years, and this has a lot to do with my book obsession. And as it turns out, I can't run from library work for too long. I'm starting a stint at my college's library spring semester.
- I work part-time at my family's floral shop during the holidays and summers, and it's actually a pretty fun job. Plus it's giving me plenty of fodder for future books that I may write! :)
Other Places Where You Can Find Me:
Interviews/guest blogs I've been featured in:
VOYA Article about Bloggers
Books I have been quoted in:
Forget You by Jennifer Echols (Finished copy)
The Oracle Rebounds by Allison van Diepen (Finished copy)
The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos (Finished Copy)
Front and Center by Catherine Murdock Gilbert (Paperback Version)
Love Story by Jennifer Echols (Finished copy)
Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham (UK Version on front cover and inside page as well as press release)
And Actually by Denise Deegan (Finished copy)
The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur (Paperback copy)
Rise by Stefne Miller (Finished Copy)
Love on the Edge: Going Too Far and Forget You by Jennifer Echols (Finished Copy)
Finding Cherokee Brown by Siobhan Curham (finished copy)