4.12.09

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz


Summary:

Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred?

Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.

But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past--and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it's up to Camelia to figure out who-before it's too late.
 
Review:
 
Since, Deadly Little Secret was only mediocre, in my opinion, I was a bit hesitant to start Deadly Little Lies. Luckily, Deadly Little Lies batted out any future worries I have with this series simply because it was just plain out fantastic and showed major growth in character and plot development! 

Camelia got a lot more likable in this one because of character growth, as mentioned above. Since, for one, she wasn't making extremely stupid decisions in not telling anyone what was happening like she did before, making  me actually start to care about what happened to her. And for two, I liked how she gave Ben at ultimatum in this book because it proved strength on her part and made Ben step it up. Plus, I loved the whole focus on her pottery and how it may be related to psychometry. I'm really excited to see where this will go in Deadly Little Games( the next in the series). Further more, I loved the secondary characters a ton in this one. Because their constant dialogue brought many laughable scenes into the mix and brought the scary undertone to the story to a point where the level between funny and serious was great!

The plot in this was also fantastic because I loved the development in it, once again, and it constantly provided you with a twist and turn you never saw coming. I mean seriously half of the stuff that happened in this book was way differnt then what I thought would occur.

In all, Laurie Faria Stolarz proves the Touch series to be a must read in this follow-up, making it a great add to your holiday wishlist.
 
Grade: A

Deadly Little Lies is now out!

Source: Publisher for review. Thanks Hallie!

6 comments:

  1. I said much the same in my review, I much preferred this to the first book and i'm glad I stuck with the series. The characters were so much more beleiveable and developed in this book and I never once wanted to throw the book at the wall. Although, I guessed the twist and turn right at the start, so I guess it could have been more disguised. (I guessed the twist in the first one too, i'm a little like Sherlock Holmes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read the first one, but after reading your great review I really want to. :)
    It really sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first one but its on my TBR list and so is this one. I'm glad you enjoyed it much better :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first of this series, so I only skim read your review. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a huge fan of Deadly Little Secret. I cannot wait to read this, since I've heard nothing but good things, and I just want to know more about Camelia and Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have 2 read the 1st book in the series. it does look good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com