19.4.10

The Oracle of Dating by Allison van Diepen

Summary:

No one at Kayla’s school knows she’s the famous Oracle of Dating—the anonymous queen of dating advice, given through her own Web site. Kayla doesn’t even have a boyfriend. Two relationship disasters were enough to make her focus on everyone else’s love life. But then her advice backfires on her own best friend. And Kayla starts to seriously obsess about Jared Stewart—the very cute, very mysterious new guy in school. Suddenly, the teen queen of advice needs her own oracle of dating--and she knows just where to find one...

Review:

It's no secret that I adore Harlequin Teen books, so as you can imagine I was ecstatic when I got the chance to read this. Thankfully enough, The Oracle of Dating was, without a doubt, the cutest book I've read so far this year, and a fantastic start to a new series!

You know those type of characters that you would love to have as friend in real life because they’re chic, smart, and fun? Well Kayla along with all her funny friends were that type. I loved how real they were and how the problems they faced were ones all teens go through; it was definitely high point. Plus, I really enjoyed seeing a real type of relationship between Kayla and Jared. Since unlike half the teen books out there, they became friends first and gradually worked their way up to being more.

The plot and the writing worked perfectly together, producing an awesome product, if I do say so myself. I loved reading Kayla/The Oracle’s dating advice and blog posts along with all the drama that occurred. And while the plot was a bit predictable, it never truly detracted from the overall story.

In all, The Oracle of Dating has a bit of everything that leads to gretness including relatable characters, laugh out loud funny scenes, a sweet romance, and dating advice, of course, which leaves this to be a book I'll definitely be suggesting come May. Great job yet again Harlequin Teen!

Grade: A

The Oracle of Dating will be released May 1, 2010!

Source: Netgalley for review.

4 comments:

  1. This actually sounds really good. Not my usual type I would pick up, but the premise is actually sort of interesting. I agree about the Harlequin Teen statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Book Monster, it's not my cup of tea for a book. But Harlequin does publish interesting titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds like a fun read and I really enjoyed reading your review, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds like such a cute book! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com