3.5.10

My Double Life by Janette Rallison

Summary/ photo from publisher's website:

Her whole life, Alexia Garcia has been told that she looks just like pop star Kari Kingsley, and one day when Alexia’s photo filters through the Internet, she’s offered a job to be Kari’s double. This would seem like the opportunity of a lifetime, but Alexia’s mother has always warned her against celebrities.

Rebelliously, Alexia flies off to L.A. and gets immersed in a celebrity life. Not only does she have to get used to getting anything she wants, she romances the hottest lead singer on the charts, and finds out that her own father is a singing legend. Through it all, Alexia must stay true to herself, which is hard to do when you are pretending to be somebody else!
Review:

It's official, Janette Rallison has managed to woe me yet again with a fabulous, funny, and touching book filled with a whole lot of heart!

One of my favorite parts of Janette's books are usually the characters, and with My Double Life, this trend continued, thankfully. Since all of them were so well-written that they just jumped of the page and came to life. I loved how all of them were real in the way that while, like anyone, they said stupid things and did stuff they would latter regret, they were also smart, charming, and someone who just supported each other fully. My favorite out of the bunch would have to be My Double Life's protagonist, Alexia, since she was all of these things and more. It was interesting yet heartbreaking to see her struggle with the fact that she never knew her dad and felt that if he, along with her half-sister and Grant, wouldn't love her simply because she wasn't wealthy. Also her relationship with Grant was done perfectly. I loved how while it was innocent in a way that only first love can be, you could also see just how much these two loved it each other even with the struggles that were often hurled their way. Lastly, I don't think this review would be done if I didn't mention Kari. Kari was someone who at first look, simply seemed dumb, but as you got to know her, you got to see that often celebrities aren't the person there are portrayed to be, leaving her to become someone who you simply adored.

The premise of this is one that's intriguing. I loved the idea of a story dealing with celebrity doubles because it proved to cause drama, drama, and more drama that continually kept me hooked and flipping the pages, eager to find out what was going to happen next.

And the writing of this is another part that made this story the awesome one it was. Since while it's easy and to the point, it's portrayed with a lot of heart, showing that Janette is a talented writer that I know for sure I'll be reading more by.

In all, if you like stories with a lot of heart and happy endings, My Double Life is one to pick up because I'm sure you'll love it!
 
Grade: A

My Double Life will be released May 13, 2010.

Source: Around The World Tours

2 comments:

  1. This book reminds me of a Hillary Duff movie. I forget the title though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I adore stories with drama in it, and I think this will be a very good read! I loved that your review made me all enthusiastic about this book and it makes me want to run to the bookstore on the 13th of May! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com