2.8.12

Mini Reviews: the Third in the Summer Catch Up Addition

You can find the previous additons HERE and HERE.

~~~
The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3) by Bree Despain

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website

Grace's life is a mess. Daniel is still a werewolf, Talbot can't be trusted, and Caleb is still out there. With Sirhan's impending death, war seems imminent. Will Grace give in to the wolf to save her family? What will happen to Daniel . . . and can their love survive one last test?
Review:

I've been following this trilogy from the very beginning. I loved The Dark Divine, the first book in the series, and I adored The Lost Saint even more. With every book, it seemed the series got better and better, and luckily, this trend continued with The Savage Grace. I do admit I shed a tear or two, but it was all worth it in the end, because The Savage Grace was an incredible finale, one that fans of the series will love even if it means this is truly the end. I loved once again being thrown into the world of Grace and Daniel. It was just as thrilling and exciting ever, and the problems that arouse in this one always managed to have me hooked as I flipped through the pages, dying to know what would happen next. The ending, though, was what surprised me the most. I wasn't expecting a cookie cutter happy ending, but I never expected it to be so bittersweet. However, it caught me off guard, and that's always a very good thing. In all, The Savage Grace is an incredible last book. I can't wait to see what Despain comes up with next, and to those of you haven't started this series yet, shame on you. I demand you change that asap. ;)

The Savage Grace (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads) is now out!

Source: Publisher via Netgalley

Something Like Normal by Trish Doller

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:

A powerful debut novel about a young Marine's return home from Afghanistan and the new life and love he finds while fending off flashbacks

When Travis returns home from Afghanistan, his parents are splitting up, his brother's stolen his girlfriend and car, and the nightmares of his best friend getting killed keep him completely spooked. But when he runs into Harper, a girl who despises him for rumors Travis started back in middle school, life actually starts looking up. And as he and Harper see more of each other, he falls deeper in love with her and begins to find his way through the family meltdown, the post-traumatic stress and the possibility of a interesting future. His sense of humor, sense of his own strength and incredible sense of honor make Travis an irresistible and eminently lovable hero in this fantastic and timely debut novel.
Review:

Going into Something Like Normal, I had some pretty high expectations. My fellow bloggers couldn't stop raving about it. The premise sounded amazing. Trish Doller is someone whose book recommendations I always look forward to seeing on Goodreads. Luckily, Something Like Normal was just as spectacular, knock-me-off-my-feet amazing as I thought it would be. From the first page, I was glued to this book. I seriously wouldn't, no couldn't, put my Nook down into I reached the final page, even though I had so many other things to do at the time. I was just that hooked on Travis's story, because of one key point: it seemed so real. Travis seemed like someone I could've went to high school with, someone who lived in my town, and that went for basically every character in this one. Plus it didn't hurt that I found his voice to be refreshingly honest and spot on, and I loved the variety of emotions Trish had flying off the pages in this...I could feel Travis's guilt about his time spent in war, his mixed feelings about Harper, and the lack of control he felt over his family come flying off the page and to life. What I loved most about this book, though, was the relationship between Travis and Harper. It seemed so realistic and their interactions always brought a smile to my face. I could go on and on about this book, but I don't want to spoil anything so I will leave you all with this...YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK. It's amazing. It will have you wanting more. Trish Dollar is an incredible debut author, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next, because when I say it's sure to be spectacular, I speak nothing but the truth.

Something Like Normal (Amazon/ Barnes and Noble/ Goodreads) is now out!

Source: Publisher via Netgalley

Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:
Willa's secret plan seems all too simple.

Take from the rich kids at valley prep and give to the poor ones.

Yet Willa's turn as Robin Hood at her new high school is anything but. Bilking her "friends"—known to everyone as the Glitterati—without them suspecting a thing is far from easy. Learning how to break into lockers and Beemers is as hard as she'd thought it would be. Delivering care packages to the scholarship girls, who are bullied just for being different, is more fun than she'd expected.

The complication Willa didn't expect, though, is Aidan Murphy, VP's most notorious ace-degenerate. His mere existence is distracting Willa from what matters most to her—evening the social playing field between the haves and have-nots. There's no time for flirting, especially with conceited trust-funders like Aidan. But when the cops start investigating the string of thefts at Valley Prep and the Glitterati begin to seek revenge, could Aidan wind up being the person that Willa trusts most?

Elisa Ludwig's Pretty Crooked is the first book in an adventurous teen caper series filled with mystery, humor, and heart.
Review:

First, I have to admit how much I love the cover of this one! The model's outfit (especially the shoes!) is awesome and I love the use of the colors. Anyhow, I had high hopes for this one as well, and luckily, Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig managed to live up to them. Pretty Crooked has a pretty amazing premise: a modern day Robin Hood. I mean, what's not to love about that? The execution of the said idea was even better I expected. From the start, I was enchanted by Willa's story as well as curious to see how everything would play out...would she be caught by her friends? What would happen if she was? Plus, I loved the other wide variety of characters in this! My favorite, though, would have to be Aidan. He was the definition of swoon worthy, and I just loved seeing him interact with Willa. Ludwig's writing was also great. I felt she captured the voice of a teenage girl, and I really liked the little twist she threw in at the end...it has me DYING to read the next book now. In all, if you like sleuthing, funny main characters, and infuriating yet charming boy characters, Pretty Crooked is the book for you!

Pretty Crooked (Amazon/ Barnes and Noble/ Goodreads) is now out!

Source: Publisher via Netgalley

~~~

Check back for more mini reviews soon!

4 comments:

  1. I only have read the Dark Divine and I really loved it. But, with so many new books out there I kind of forgot all about the series. I should def. pick the sequel up! Great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! It gets better with every book! :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Pretty Crooked, as well, but I still need to read The Dark Divine and Something Like Normal! Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I demand you read Something Like Normal ASAP. I just know you'll love it! :)

      Delete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com