27.6.17

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I've Read In 2017 So Far

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Best Books I've Read In 2017 So Far

I actually haven't read too many books so far in 2017. As I write this post, my books read number is currently at 33; however, out of those 33 books, I've read several show-stealers. Here's my list (in no particular order) :


1. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 

Between my college graduation and my senior week activities, I had two days completely off, and during that time, I tore through this book at record speed. I loved nearly everything about this book: the mystery, the characters, the look into the "typical" town. Since then I've read everything Liane Moriarty's written, with the exception of The Hypnotist's Love Story


2. In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch 

Prior to reading this one, I had been hearing good things about Allison's books for years. Now I know who people talked about her...this book was great! The characters were perfectly imperfect, and while they drove me insane almost all the time, I couldn't help but be fascinated with them. Plus, I loved the UPenn setting! 


3. All Things New by Lauren Miller

I had the opportunity to read an ARC of this one (publication date: August 1, 2017), and I was blown away. The writing was top notch and the characters were relatable as well as lovable. Basically, add this one to your wish lists, you won't regret it. 


4. 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues

This one is currently a contender for the most surprising books of the year. I went into not sure whether I would like it or not (the reviews were mixed), but I ended up loving it. It was gritty, it was heartbreaking, and it even made me cry - but I still loved every minute of it. 


5. Free to Fall by Lauren Miller 

Yes, another one by Lauren Miller. I already gushed about this book enough last week, so check out my review and consider checking this one out! 


6. Once and for All by Sarah Dessen

Not my favorite Dessen but I still throughly enjoyed this one. It was whimsical and summery, the perfect poolside book. Also, it's instilled this desire in me for more wedding planner type books. 


7. The Program by Suzanne Young 

When Jay Asher blurbs a book, it has to be good (at least, in my opinion), and this was good, beyond good actually. I loved Solane, I loved James, I loved Miller, and I loved Lacy. The plot was depressing but Suzanne still managed to hook me in from page 1. 


8. A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody 

Jessica Brody always manages to weave together a great book, and this one is no exception. Reading this was like revisiting an old '90s teen movie: you know the ending from the start, but you can't help but get lost in the ride. 


9. The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty 

This book made me want to go live on an island. 


10. Paper Princess by Erin Watt 

This series and its author is my new guilty pleasure. It's smutty and over-the-top and I'm already on book #3 in less than 2 weeks. 

11 comments:

  1. I actually haven't gotten to read any of these yet! A few of them are on my TBR list already. I will have to check out a couple of the ones that I hadn't heard of until now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Paper Princess, too, but book 3 for some reason lost the magic and I abandoned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I've been reading thru Liane Moriarty's books and thoroughly enjoying them. In Twenty Years sound good to me.

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-the-best-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I want to check out Big Little Lies, because I've heard good things and I read Liane's The Husband's Secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Program on my TBR, so glad to see you liked it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-113/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Big Little Lies. I had Lauren Miller's Parallel on my list. I have both of her books on your list to read soon. I really want to read The Program too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to read all of these, especially The Program and 34 Pieces of You. I believe I have a copy of that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I have read a Dessen novel. Glad to see you enjoyed her newest release. I'm not sure if any of her newest novels will top The Truth About Forever or Keeping the Moon!
    Thanks for stopping by The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! I'm super excited about Sarah's (though I've never read one of hers - do you have a favorite), and also A Week of Mondays is high on my TBR too! :)

    Free to Fall looks interesting too, and familiar. Probably because at one point I was curious about it.

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have read some great things so far this year. I really want to read Big Little Lies, Paper Princess, and Once and For All. I love Dessen she is the queen of YA contemporary romance.

    I hope the second half of the year offers up some great reads for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com