17.8.17

Review: Latte Girl by Katia Rose


Summary/Cover Image from Author's Website:
Hot coffee is a regular fixture in Hailey Warren’s life. Hot guys? Not so much.

Her gruelling shifts at a cafe in the heart of the city’s business sector are rarely punctuated by anything special, so when the gorgeous heir to the security company next door strides into Hailey’s life, it feels like punctuation with a capital P (or D, depending on your preferred terminology).

Jordan Knox is enough to send her heart racing faster than a triple shot of espresso, and when the attraction proves to be mutual, no hidden corners or empty offices are safe from their game of cat and mouse.

But when she’s ready to drop the pretenses, Jordan continues to hold back, and Hailey realizes he’s been hiding secrets that could make whatever’s brewing between them boil over and burn.
Review:

Katia Rose's Latte Girl was fantastic! Full of swoon worthy romance, lovable characters, and terribly awkward yet incredibly funny moments, Latte Girl had me reading until I could barely keep my eyes open. And when I woke up the next morning? The first thing I did - besides make myself a chai latte of course - was finish it! 

One of my favorite aspects of this book was the two main characters - Jordan and Hailey! 

Jordan and Hailey were not only incredibly likable but also relatable. Both weren't sure what they wanted to do for the rest of their lives. Jordan knew he didn't want to work at his father's company for the rest of his life while Hailey knew she doesn't want to work as a barista for the rest of hers. A big portion of this book involves Hailey and Jordan reaching for their dreams and taking the leap, no matter the outcome. I not only respected that but understood it completely - as a 20-something myself, I thought Katia did a fanatic job of getting the voice of one (the hope, the confusion, the wanting more, etc.) down pat! 

Additionally, I loved Hailey's humor. Throughout the book she unintentionally did/said so many awkward yet funny things! There were so many scenes that just had me laughing out loud. Better yet, I loved how Hailey just took the awkwardness in stride. Jordan, on the other, hand, was 100% swoon-worthy. SIGH...where can I find my own Jordan? He was charming and sweet, and while he sometimes made some questionable choices, I still couldn't help but root for him!   

As one can expect, the plot of this mainly revolved around Jordan and Hailey's romance. It was the stereotypical boy-meets-girl, boy-and-girl-fall-in-love albeit a few miscalculations and hiccups, and I loved every single minute of it. I loved seeing Jordan and Hailey's relationship develop, and luckily, it wasn't one of those insta-love scenarios. Instead, their relationship developed at a steady pace, one that made their connection much more tangible, in my opinion. Better yet, their romance had the perfect level of steam - plenty to appease any romance reader! In addition to their romance, I really enjoyed seeing Hailey's home life - her mom and sister were adorable - as well as Hailey's life at the coffee shop -  yay for seeing positive female friendships, their nights out reminded me of my own  nights out with my best friends!  

My only compliant about Latte Girl was the pacing at the start. It took me about 2-4 chapters to get really into the story, but after that it was smooth sailing. 

Perfect for fans of Linda Kage & Layla Hagen, Latte Girl is well worth a read! I simply can't for Katia's next book, Thigh Highs. Here's to hoping it comes out sooner than later. 

Grade: A-

Latte Girl is now out! 

Source: eARC provided by author - thanks Katia!


Buy Links: 

Amazon

Author Links:

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

Book Trailer: 


Tell Me in the Comments: 

Since Hailey works in a cafe, what's one of your favorite cafe related drinks? I'm currently a huge fan of skinny lattes made with unsweetened almond milk! However, when I'm in a sugar mode, I get a caramel macchiato. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I forgot to put this book on my Latest Book News. I got an ARC from the author and can't wait to start it. Glad to hear you loved it. Awesome review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I love that the characters were easy to relate to and had a sense of humor. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com