19.1.18

Billionaires, Bosses, and Romance!


The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby (Winning the Billionaire, #2) 
by Kira Archer 

Synopsis/Cover Image from Publisher's Website
One minute, pregnant Leah Andrews is throwing up over the side of a yacht and the next, she's married to party boy Brooks. It's an arrangement born of sheer desperation to save her job, but now the tabloids are all over them, their friends are running a pool betting on whether they'll actually stay married until Baby Day, and worst of all, she and her new husband might just be falling for one another. But they belong in opposite worlds. It'll never work.

Billionaire app developer Brooks Larson lives his life on the light side. Until he tries to play hero and claims to be Leah's husband. Now he's up to his ears in Lamaze classes, baby powder...and unexpected marital bliss. But he'd make a rotten husband and horrible father. Leah and the baby deserve so much better. Add in major baby daddy drama and the whole situation is the worst idea EVER. But sometimes those bad ideas might just be the best ones...
Review: 

I always love a good fake marriage romance. Thankfully, Kira Archer's THE BILLIONAIRE'S UNEXPECTED BABY fit the bill perfectly! 

After reading 69 Billion Things I Hate About You this past fall I couldn't wait to see who would be paired up next, and honestly, I thought Leah and Brooks were an excellent next choice. 
Leah is strong, sassy, and fiercely independent while Brooks is the carefree billionaire playboy.Their banter was on point and their romance was steamy as well as sweet. I also liked how The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby showed that first impressions can sometimes be deceiving. When Brooks was first introduced in 69 Billion Things I Hate About You, I didn't think too much of him. Yes, he was hilarious and charming, but he also  gave off a no-relationship/can't-be-serious vibe. This book shows that he does wants to be seen as serious and smart as well as someone who can be in a successful relationship. Plus I loved that his parents were included as well. As the characters said in the book, they are relationship goals.  lus I loved that his parents were included as well. As the characters said in the book, they are relationship goals for sure. 


The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby also had some exciting baby drama. It was fun not knowing much about the baby daddy at first and I loved that there was an unexpected connection between Brooks and the dad. It also brought a rivalry about, which caused some good drama and good laughs. 

Overall, Kira Archer's The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby shows that second books don't always fall into a sophomore slump, as The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby is even better than the first. I can't wait to see which pairing is up next! 

4 stars!!

The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby is now out!

Source: Publisher


Buy Links: 

Amazon | BN | Kobo | iBooks  

Author Links:

Bargaining with the Boss (It Happened One Night, #1)
by Jennifer Shirk 


Synopsis/Cover Image from Publisher's Website
Kinsley just wanted to have some fun for a change. Then she wakes up in a stranger’s bed, with her bridesmaid dress on backward and a hazy memory of what happened at her friend’s wedding. With a quick escape, she can get back to her predictable life. But then she meets her new boss—the same guy she’d woken up next to—and seeing him with a clear head doesn’t make him any less attractive.

Mixing business with pleasure has never been Damon’s style, and easily avoided, but the hotel he just bought comes with an unexpected perk—its manager. “Sensible” Kinsley today is as alluring as “impulsive” Kinsley was the night before, and she talks him into a deal. If she can turn around the hotel by the end of summer, he won’t tear it down to put up more profitable condominiums.

Their plan is simple…until falling for each other becomes more than they bargained for.
Review: 

After Sabine Durrant's Lie With Me I needed something sweet and fluffy, and I thought Jennifer Shirk's Bargaining with the Boss would be the perfect choice. As it turns out, I was one hundred percent correct! 

Throughout the entirety of Bargaining with the Boss I was grinning from ear to ear! It's downright adorable. 

Kinsley and Damon have a "rough" start - a start that I found endearing as well as hilarious. Goodness, I wouldn't have wanted to be in Kinsley's shoes. I felt that their start also helped establish who they were. 

Kinsley has always been the good girl and a rule follower; however, after being told she's boring she tries to bring some excitement to her life with a one-night fling. The result? It's an utter disaster. I found Kinsley to be charming and likable. I especially loved that she was a bookworm. Plus as someone who's been called boring before, I could definitely relate to her need to prove her haters wrong. Damon, on the other hand, is mischievous, charming, and kind-hearted. He always had the ability to get Kinsley going with his teasing, which I found hilarious. 

I also loved the build-up between Kinsley and Damon. It felt natural and never rushed. Plus they had some great banter! Besides the romance I enjoyed the focus on families and friendships. Both Damon and Kinsley deal with some change, and I thought both situations brought about a lot of heart and development. The NJ beach setting was also a lot of fun. 

Overall, Jennifer Shirk's Bargaining with the Boss is simply adorable! I can't wait to see which couple is featured next. I'm hoping for Kinsley's brother and best friend! 



3.5 stars!!

Bargaining with the Boss is now out! 


Buy Links: 

Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo   

Author Links: 

Website | Twitter | Facebook 

Besting the Billionaire by Alison Aimes


Synopsis/Cover Image from Publisher's Website: 
Billionaire Alexander Kazankov always wins. But he didn’t count on high-heeled, drop-dead sexy Lily Bennett getting in the way of his latest deal. She’s a distraction he doesn’t need, not when he’s so close to making things right for his family.

Lily may walk and talk like a Southern piece of fluff, but she’s been underestimated before. She's determined to succeed—and no entitled, arrogant asshole, especially the too-gorgeous-for-his-own-good-kind, is going to get in her way.

Oil meet water. Gasoline meet spark. It’s all out war as these two enemies go toe-to-toe in an ugly, take no prisoners battle to prove they’re the right choice to be CEO of the same company. All too soon playing dirty in the boardroom leads to playing even dirtier in the dark. It’s destined to end in personal and professional disaster. So why the hell can’t they stop?
Review: 

I've never read anything by Alison Aimes before; however, as soon as I heard about Besting the Billionaire I knew I had to give it a try. The synopsis sounded exciting, and I always tend to like Entangled's billionaire books. 

Besting the Billionaire is a feisty and sweet enemies-to-lover romance. While I never loved it, I did really enjoy it. 

Besting the Billionaire introduces Alexander and Lily, a billionaire and a housewife-turned-CEO respectively. Alexander and Lily are more similar than they'd ever admit. They're headstrong, determined, and ambitious, and they'll do anything to win the game. Out of the two Alexander was my favorite. I always adore a  billionaire with a secret soft side. 

The romance in Besting the Billionaire was hot, hot, hot! Lily and Alexander had fantastic chemistry. I also enjoyed the mystery that popped up. It kept me intrigued, wondering who was behind all the harassment. 

I had two small problems with Besting the Billionaire. For one, I liked the characters but I could never connect with them. Secondly, Besting the Billionaire lacked a "can't-get-enough-of-this" spark. 

Regardless, Alison Aimes's Besting the Billionaire is yet another fun billionaire book. 

3 stars!!


Buy Links: 

Amazon | BN | iBooks | Kobo   

Author Links: 

Website | Twitter | Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com