17.1.18

Review: Lie With Me by Sabine Durrant



Synopsis/Cover Image from Amazon
It starts with a lie. The kind we've all told - to a former acquaintance we can't quite place but still, for some reason, feel the need to impress. The story of our life, embellished for the benefit of the happily married lawyer with the kids and the lovely home.

And the next thing you know, you're having dinner at their house, and accepting an invitation to join them on holiday - swept up in their perfect life, the kind you always dreamed of...

Which turns out to be less than perfect. But by the time you're trapped and sweating in the relentless Greek sun, burning to escape the tension all around you - by the time you start to realise that, however painful the truth might be, it's the lies that cause the real damage...

... well, by then, it could just be too late.
Review:

A mind blowing psychological thriller! 

When I started Lie With Me the other morning I never expected to finish it in one day; however, once I started I couldn't stop. I kept saying 'one more chapter, one more chapter.' 

The characters aren't particularly likable. I actually despised the majority of them, but there's something about their respective stories that made them so utterly compelling. I wanted to know more about everyone- their wants, their needs, what made them tick, and, more importantly, what secrets they were hiding. I often wondered if Paul, the lead character, was an unreliable narrator because of his memory gaps. I couldn't believe he could possibly forget that much about his past.

The plot, however, is what kept me coming back for more. The mystery is complex as well as gripping. I couldn't believe at times that everything was built upon one lie that turned into a million other lies. It's crazy how lies - big as well as small - can change the course of one's life so drastically. Additionally, I liked the secluded setting. I knew it was going to end badly as soon as Paul arrived at the beach house. Over the course of the book, I had several theories as to how it would end. Some of those theories ended up being true, and others ended up blowing me away. Sabine connected so many little pieces seamlessly. It was spectacular to see how well everything came together. 

Overall, Lie With Me is a suspenseful, unforgettable thriller. It's easy to see why it has become such a sensation in the UK. I can't wait to read more by Sabine Durrant. 


4 stars!!

Lie With Me is now out!

Source: Publisher



Buy Links: 


3 comments:

  1. This sounds intense! I love a good psychological thriller, especially when they can surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! I love a good psychological thriller as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. I've been wanting to read more psychological thrillers, and this one sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com