27.2.18

Books I Could Re-read Forever (Top Ten Tuesday)

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and Bookish, but it's currently hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. Join in on the fun here

This week's topic is books I could re-read forever. 

 I don't often re-read books (so many books, so little time!!). Truth be told there's actually only one I constantly re-read (Just Listen by Sarah Dessen!), but if I could find the time here's the ones I would choose: 



Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen: I'm a diehard Sarah Pekkanen fan, and while this was the first book I ever read by her, it's remained my number one favorite over the years. It's not a happy book, it pulls your heart and emotions in a million different directions, but it's SO WORTH IT.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: I read this book back when it was first released in 2011 and really enjoyed it, but I never continued with the series. I'm hoping to remedy this soon! 

Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers: Anything and everything Courtney Summer writes deserves to be read and re-read. Her first book, though, is my favorite. I don't remember much about it, but I remember loving it. 

Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard: KRISTEN'S WRITING IS SO GORGEOUS!! And the descriptions in this book? STUNNING. It brought out the travel bug in me. The romance was also on-point. 

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols: This book may have been released almost ten years ago, but it's still one of my go-to suggestions for readers who love YA contemporary. 

Graceling by Kristen Cashore: I remember being so reluctant to read this book, but then I finally gave in and was BLOWN AWAY! Definitely need to find the time to re-read this as well as the other ones in the series. 

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkes: I was SO OBSESSED with this series back in high school, and I get all giddy and happy just thinking back to it now. The Fuentes brothers are the prime example of swoon worthy, and Simone's book trailers for these were perfection. Corny? Yes, but also enjoyable! 

Bite Me! by Melissa Franics: This one and its sequel (Love Sucks!) are such fun, feel-good books, and I remember the romance being good as well. 

As You Wish by Jackson Pierce: Another feel-good, romance-y type book and it also involves a genie and wishes so basically I'm still obsessed. 

Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig: Another case of read-and-loved-the-first-book-but-never-finished-the-series. This one is a modern day Robin Hood, and I remember it being funny & fast paced. 

---

Have you read any of these? What are some books you'd like to re-read? Or ones you re-read all the time? Let me know in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. Skipping A Beat, I haven't read that in years! It was my first Sarah Pekkanen book, too! I see it all the time on my shelves, I need to reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceling, yay! I had Fire on my list, though Graceling should be on there too. I adore Cashore's books. Awesome list, Lauren!

    Have a wonderful day. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who reads contemporary. Most of the lists today were jammed with SFF books, so yeah for your list. Now, I am going to admit I have only read the SFF books on your list (lol), but a whole bunch of those contemporaries are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com