21.7.09

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle


Summary:

Growing up in a world of wealth and pastel-tinted entitlement, fifteen-year-old Carly has always relied on the constancy—and authenticity—of her sister, Anna. But when fourteen-year-old Anna turns plastic-perfect-pretty over the course of a single summer, everything starts to change. And there are boys involved, complicating things as boys always do. With warmth, insight, and an unparalleled gift for finding humor even in stormy situations, beloved author Lauren Myracle dives into the tumultuous waters of sisterhood and shows that even very different sisters can learn to help each other stay afloat.

Review:

First off, I have to say how much I adore the cover for this. I love the showing of pictures instead of the actual words, it just draws you in before even noticing who wrote it or what it's about. Second, I heart Lauren Myracle's books, so I was super excited when I saw she had a new one coming out. Anyway, with these two factors, I knew I was going to be reading a fantastic book and I was right.

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks
is a mix of romance and the importance of relationships between sisters and friends. Carly and Anna were the typical siblings. Since, while they fought about different things, they still would stand up for the other one no matter what. I loved reading about the little fights they had because they were funny and the sister ship between them was so real. Also, I enjoyed seeing what kind of trouble they would get in with the other main characters such as Vonzelle and Roger.

While this novel had great characters that you could relate to, it was lacking in it's main plot. Since, it was a wee bit predictable most of the time which could make Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks lag on at times. Though, I still loved this novel, nerveless.

Overall, Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks is ducky fantastic! I highly suggest you go pick up this book immediately.

Grade: B+

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks is now out!

*Much thanks to JL for sending me this book! :)

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun book. I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much felt the same way with this one. I adore the cover, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this book looks and sounds. I'm glad you love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read this :) thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks very good!
    The review was great!
    I really want to read this one!!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com