15.8.09

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent

Summary:

She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


Review:

I recently started Rachel's adult Shifters series, but so far there's nothing that has impressed me. So, when I got the chance to read this, I was a bit weary. But all I can say now is "Wow". Since, My Soul To Take was one amazing book that mixed together mystery, romance, and the world of Bean Sidhes.

One of the things, I loved most about this book was the world Rachel created for the Bean Sidhes ( or Banshees). It was fun to see what they could do with their power of soul screaming and how their work tangled together with the ones of grim reapers.

Also, Kaylee was an interesting character, one any teen can relate to in some way. Since, she's still reeling form the aftermath of her mom's death, dealing with her mean girl cousin, and trying to find out who she is. Also, her boyfriend, Nash, was definitely swoon worthy Though, it felt at times, that their relationship was moving a bit too fast. For example, she told him basically everything about her secret "talent" by their second conversation. But with saying that, I still thought they were a cute couple and I loved how they could work together to save souls.

The plot was also a high point because it was fast paced and addicting, which left you to only want more of the same.

Overall, My Soul To Take was an wonderful paranormal and one that shows a great intro for books to come from Harlequin.

Grade: A+

My Soul To Take is now out!

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed this book a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really impressive, I've been wanting to get this ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing review Lauren! I'm getting this one off amazon! It sounds sooooo good!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this one! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A+?! Wow! I definitely can't wait to read this one now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com