26.9.09

Quick Q and A's with Melissa Walker


Melissa Walker is not only the author of the fab Lovestruck Summer ( Review!), but also the fun Violet series about a teen model. Plus, she's the one of the founders of "I Heart Daily" newsletter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Your latest novel, Lovestruck Summer, was released this past spring. Can you tell us about what inspired you to write it?

A trip to Austin two summers ago totally inspired me--the music, the heat, the cowboys... it made me think of romance.

2) In Lovestruck Summer the main character, Quinn, has a big love of music which leaves me to wonder what some of your favorite musical artists and groups are.

I love a lot of different types of music, from Taylor Swift and Loretta Lynn to The Shins and Animal Collective. I also adore classics like The Beatles and Michael Jackson.

3) Quinn and her cousin, Penny, have two totally different personalities, with Penny being a prep and Quinn being more of a tomboy, indie music girl, which leaves me to wonder which one you are most like in real life.

You know, I'm really neither, or maybe a mix of the two!

4) If you could pick a theme song for Lovestruck Summer what would it be?

I do love "Waltz Across Texas," which plays big role in a final scene...

5) If you could meet any of the characters in your books for lunch, which one would you choose? What would you talk about?

Um... Russ! We'd talk about how charming he is, and maybe have a little innocent banter.

6) You recently launched a daily newsletter called “ I Heart Daily” with an another ex- Elle girl, leaving me to wonder what lead you to start this?

I had a lot of things that I wanted to share with people--just random stuff I love in the realms of style, beauty, news and entertainment. Anne and I really missed writing for ELLEgirl so we thought we'd start a newsletter so we could keep writing that way!

8) A couple of days ago, I saw that you just signed a contract for a new book deal, the title of the book being “ Small Town Sinners”. So, would you care to share more of what it’s about?

Yes! I'm excited. It's about a girl who's grown up in a church community where they hold an annual HELL HOUSE, or a haunted house of sin, around Halloween. She's always wanted to take part in it, and suddenly some big changes happen in her life, including the return of a boy she used to known. As she starts falling in love, she may start falling out of faith...

9) Is there anything else you would like to add?

Just thanks! Thanks!

~~~~~~
Your welcome, Melissa. You can visit Melissa at her blog or website, if you would like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com