9.10.09

Review: The Everafter by Amy Huntley


Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:
Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this--she is dead. And alone, in a vast, dark space. The only company she has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things Maddy lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that with these artifacts, she can re-experience--and sometimes even change--moments from her life.

Her first kiss.

A trip to Disney World.

Her sister's wedding.

A disastrous sleepover.

In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and sometimes frightening truths about her life--and death.
Review:

The Everafter was a book that was not just beautifully written, but also had a premise like almost none I've seen before.

I really loved Madison. Since, not only was she fully developed, but she was someone I could definitely see myself being friends with in real life, because I admired her ability to always want the best for her friends even when it didn't always benefit her. Also, I enjoyed how Amy allowed us discover the different things that occurred in her life at the same time she did.

Another part of The Everafter I liked a lot was the premise of how Amy set up the after life in a way that the items you had lost in your life would bring you back to poignant moments in your lifetime. Secondly, I also enjoyed the message of this book, one that basically says that no matter what you should live your life to the fullest because you never know when it all will be taken away. Oh, and let me tell you, there are some very excellently done twists and turns to this novel that even I couldn't always see coming.

Overall, there is not a single word that could describe just how much I loved this novel and how I ached for it not to be over when it was. Though, one thing I will tell you is to keep an eye on Amy Huntley , since I just know in a few years she'll be a big name out their in the YA world! :)

Grade: A+

The Everafter is now out!

FTC Disclosure: I received this novel from LK at HarperCollins Children's Books for review. Thanks Laura, I appreciate it.

9 comments:

  1. I've seen quite a few promising reviews on The Everafter. It's definitely a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard from a lot that this is a very beautifully written read. Now that I see your confirmation I'm even more excited to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing. I shall have to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you enjoyed this. I thought the premise sounded amazing and I'm so pleased that it met your expectations. Definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this one too - though not as much as you :)

    I'm posting my review up tomorrow (just finished writing it, lol), and also can't wait to read more by this author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the cover, can't wait 2 read it. It sounds really interesting and i've been seeing some good reviews 2 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome review! can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost picked this up Sunday, but I was torn between a few books and went with Ballads of Suburbia. This is definitely on my list, though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com