14.12.09

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Summary:

What if you had only one day to live?
What would you do?
Who would you kiss?
And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. She’s expecting to attend a typical Friday night party with her friends, but instead a terrible accident takes her life.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she relives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

Newcomer Lauren Oliver has crafted a rich debut, at once literary and commercial, that will leave readers breathless.

Review:

I know I say this a lot, but I just have to say it for Before I Fall because I was one hundred percent right on the key for this one: I knew this book was going to being amazingly fantastic from the moment I saw it.

There are so many different things that just make this one complex, breathtaking, beautiful, and heartbreaking book. So, let's start with the characters.

To be honest at first I loathed Sam because she was just so full of herself and constantly hurt people who loved her to no end. Though, during the middle of the book she just did a complete 180 degree turn and let go of her bad ways. Instead becoming someone who I admired greatly simply because she gave up trying to save herself and focused instead on saving someone else who needed help from the beginning, while setting a lot of things right that were wrong before. I won't say anything more about this because I don't want to ruin anything. So, you'll just have to wait to understand what I'm saying come March. :) Moving on, I absolutely adored Kent, the guy who has loved Sam forever even though she doesn’t see it, because he was everything that almost any girl could want in a guy.

The plot was addicting and something that always showed you that even the slightest change you make can have the biggest impact latter on. Further more, Lauren's writing was complex yet so simple which left me to enjoy this book even more and to have one wish. That wish? To have Lauren write many more books that continue to awe and shock me.

In all, if Before I Fall doesn’t show just how awesome debut novels and YA can be, I don't know what can. So, do pick up this book come March because  I promise you won't regret it one bit. ( And if you do, you have my permission to yell at me, but I seriously don't think that will happen.) Though, I do offer one piece of advice. That advice? Keep a box of tissues by you because you're definitely going to need them.

Grade: A+

Before I Fall will be released March 2, 2010!

Source: Around The World Tours

10 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued. Gotta find a way to get my hands on this book soon. Love your review ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing how brilliant this book is so I will definitely read it when it hits the shops. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my eye on this one for a while, but I have to say I am not sure because the plot seems so heavy. It sounds so sad. But after your brilliant review, I may keep it on my list.

    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! This book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review - I completely agree with everything you said. This book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy that everyone is loving this book as much as I did. It was just so amazing. Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get my hands on this - thanks for the great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the great review, this book sounds really good :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get that feeling too, when I just know that a book is going to be amazing. I'm glad this one is living up to the hype. It sounds beyond fantastic. I'm so excited to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I first heard of this book, I've been wanting to read it! I'm glad that I've been reading great reviews on it too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com