7.1.11

Fused (The Samantha Granger Experiment, #1) by Kari Lee Townsend

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:

When you make a face or cross your eyes, do your parents tease that if you’re not careful, your face might stay that way forever?

Well, my parents said that if I’m not careful, I’ll turn into one of my gadgets.

I thought they were joking, people!

But—somehow, someway—I have become a living, breathing, walking piece of technology. Apparently my head now has a built-in GPS and my palm is equipped with talking and texting capabilities—just like my cell phone!

Now I’m a techno-superhero with powers that seem to have a mind of their own. And, in my case, keeping a secret identity is harder than it sounds. I short-circuit every time Trevor Hamilton looks my way.

Like being a girl isn’t stressful enough.
Review:

When I first heard about this book I knew I had to read it. I loved the idea of  techno-superhero and how it would be told from the eyes of a tween. Luckily this book was enjoyable in many aspects and I feel middle-grade readers will simply love it!

Fused is the first book in The Samantha Granger Experiment series and it begins the story of Samantha herself. Samantha is the typical tween. She loves her tech gadgets and hanging out with her best friend, as well as crushing on the cute boy in her grade Trevor Hamilton. Though, one day when out on a walk through the woods an accident occurs and she is turned into one of her gadgets. Suddenly, she has superpowers including be able to know anything in everything in the blink of an eye. Will she be able to figure out her powers and put them to good use? And what happens when the government catches wind of this? Will she be put in a secret lab as a testing rat? Most importantly, will she ever not make a total fool of herself when shes around Trevor? Only time will tell in this fun tween debut!

Samantha was such a funny and adorable protagonist. She reminded me a little of myself when I was her age. Better yet, I'm sure many readers Sam's age will be able to relate to her as well. One of my favorite parts of Sam's character was the fact that even though she has superpowers, she still is the typical girl. She gets in trouble with her parents, scared around her crush, picked on by the "mean" girl, etc. Furthermore, I loved the side characters in this such as Trevor and Samantha's best friend.

From the summary of this novel, I knew this would be a funny, light-hearted read and that's just what I got. I loved finding out more about Samantha's superpowers and what it meant for her every day-to-day life, as well as Samantha constantly held my attention with several burning questions, such as what exactly happened that day to what will the government do when they get a hold of Sam's story.

In all, Kari Lee Townsend's Fused is a fun, fabulous read for any age, specifically tween girls ages 10-13, so if you know a girl that age who likes to read, consider buying her this book. I'm sure she love it and you for buying it for her.

Grade: B

Fused is now out!

Source: Kay at Sourcebooks

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun read, I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble getting past the title. My name is Samantha, and I feel like I just got married to Hermione GRanger....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really fun series! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute book! Sounds like something my cousin would love to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like the sound of this one so I think I'll suggest it to my younger cousin, and if it's not a long read, will take a look at it myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com