14.1.10

Quick Qs and As with Blogger Darby from Darby's Book Blog!

Today, I have an interview with Darby of Darby's Book Blog. Darby is new to the blogging community, so I hope you all will give her a warm welcome. Plus, her blog is pretty awesome so far! :)

~~~~

First off, I’m going to give you a couple of categories and I would like you to list your favorite.

Food? Pizza

Drink? White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks

Book? The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Movie? Right now, my favorite movie is Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging

Musical Artist or Group? The Jonas Brothers

You recently started up your blog, Darby‘s Book Reviews, which leaves me to wonder what inspired you to do so.

I've always loved to read, and a few years ago I started recording the books I read in a notebook along with a rating and some information about them. I actually call this notebook the Book of Books. I wanted to make my thoughts public and also generate discussion with other teen readers about their opinions on the novels I rate, thus the formation of Darby's Book Reviews.

Is there anything that makes you blog unique from the other ones out there? If so, in what ways?

There are so many blogs out there, I'm sure plenty are similar to mine. But I try to make my blog as unique as possible. I will review and rate books, but I also have posts discussing upcoming releases and the progression of a series. There's a poll as well. I think my website is also unique because the books I read and review cover a variety of genres. I hoping to do more in the future, but right now I'm just trying to master the basics.

What has your reaction to the blogging community been like so far?

I think blogging is a great way to connect with others who share similar interests or thoughts regarding a certain matter. I love how popular blogging has become, because I like to follow certain ones that discuss books, reading, music, and even a few about television or movies. There's always a blog out there for a topic you are interested in, no matter what it is, and I like being able to learn other opinions and thoughts on these topics.


If you were only allowed to buy three more books, which ones would you buy? (Could include already released or to be released books)

If I had to buy three more books, I would definitely have to buy the fourth Gallagher Girls novel by Ally Carter, because that is one of my favorite series. I would also buy the next Maximum Ride novel by James Patterson, Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel, and the next book in the Clique series by Lisi Harrison, These Boots Are Made For Stalking. I don't think I could ever buy only three more books, though. That would be a very tough decision on a very, very bad day.

What is your idea of the perfect day like?

A perfect day for me includes sleeping in, but not too late, reading books and posting reviews on my blog, playing basketball, hanging out with all of my friends, watching movies, and listening to music. The order doesn't matter for these things. As long as they get done, I will be happy.

Do you have any hobbies or sports you like to do besides book blogging?

Besides book blogging, I love to read, write and play basketball. I read whenever I can, whatever I can. I am interested in many genres, so finding a good book isn't too difficult. I also like to write. Apart from posting reviews on my blog, I am also trying to write a book. When I grow up, I want to be an author, so when I get an idea, I instantly try to transform it into an actual story. I also write for my school newspaper, which is a lot of fun and good practice for the future. But the majority of my time is spent playing basketball. In the winter, I am the starting center for our school team, and in the spring and summer, I play in a league called AAU, and I also train at a local training facility and gym. Come fall, I dedicate my time to training for the upcoming season six or seven days a week. I'm hoping to play basketball in college, too. I've actually played in games competing against college players and professionals, which is a really great experience, despite the fact that I usually lose. If you go on Darby's Book Reviews, there are many books that I've read that involve basketball or sports in general.

Where do you hope to see Darby’s Book Reviews in the next year?

In the next year, I'm hoping Darby's Book Reviews will gain some popularity. As of now, I don't get that many followers, but I think if I continue blogging, people will start reading my blog and sharing their own opinions as well. Additionally, I would like to add to my blog, but I'm not sure how I will do that just yet. A few ideas I have are to include interviews and have a friend, who is also an avid reader, contribute to my blog to get another opinion. I am trying to think of ways for readers to be involved more besides just commenting on my reviews, but I still have to think about that one.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
 
Darby's Book Reviews is the title of my blog, however to get on it, the web address is thedarbydecimalsystem.blogspot.com.
 
~~~
 
Thanks so much Darby!

3 comments:

  1. Great feature! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Starbuck's white chocolate mochas. Seriously, I'd die if they discontinued them. Darby sounds very sweet and enthusiastic, and I'll definitely check out her blog sometime soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging. I wasn't sure what to expect, since I loved the books...but I really enjoyed it. Great feature.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com