2.7.10

And Then I Found Out the Truth by Jennifer Sturman

Summary/Cover Image taken from publisher's website:
Delia Truesdale is still searching for the truth about her mother, who is in hiding somewhere in South America. But for now, Delia has to make do with her mystery-solving in New York City, alongside her aunt Charley (a funky downtown hipster), her aunt Meg (an uptown ice queen), a detective with questionable taste in neckties, an eccentric young psychic, her brainiac best friend, and Quinn, the wealthy, gorgeous boy at her prep school who—gasp!—actually seems to return Delia’s affections. Too bad Quinn’s shady CEO dad may be involved in the scheme Delia is trying to crack. And a trip to South America may be in order after all...
Review:

If you've been a long time reader of my blog/reviews, you'll know that I'm a big fan of not only And Then Everything Unraveled, the prequel to this, but Ms. Sturman as well, since she always knows how to create some of the most fun mystery and suspense reads I've encountered as a reader. Thankfully, And Then I Found Out the Truth was no different, though I have to admit that it didn't have the same flare And Then Everything Unraveled contained, in my opinion, leaving it to come in secondary to it's prequel not only in sequence but by my liking as well.

Though, before we get to that, let's talk about the parts I did like, which was basically the whole book.

One of my least favorite parts of reading sequels to books is the fact of how spread out they are, since with the number of books I read in a year, I have a hard enough time keep the books I'm currently reading in track, let alone what has happened in some of my favorite series. Though, as if Jennifer Sturman could read my mind, she offered a brief summary of what had happened in the first few chapters, leaving everything to ding right into place, and then for me to become intertwined in Delia's new action packed adventure.

Delia is a character who I enjoy reading about for numerous reasons, one would be the fact of how normal she is, since she has school, boy, and parent trouble, like most of us do in real life. Also, I like how her relationship with Quinn is never exactly easy-going, because it causes for drama, something that makes every book complete in my book, and with the fun additions of characters such as her aunts, cousins, and friends, And Then I Found Out the Truth was also laugh-out-load funny.

As like it's prequel, the plot of And Then I Found Out the Truth was filled with action, action, and more action. I, as I'm sure most readers will as well, enjoyed seeing Delia solve the mystery of her mother's disappearance because it always contained a new little jolt that managed to throw off everything I had thought before, and the ending of this was also a part I adore, since it was sweet and cute in the way a Disney movie is.

Though, as mentioned above, And Then I Found Out the Truth was lacking the flare that made the first book a complete star, in my opinion, and I can't exactly put my finger on what that was. Maybe it was the fact that I felt some of the mystery was too conveniently solved or something else, but overall? Not the biggest problem out there, since it sure didn't detract too much from my overall liking.

In all, And Then I Found Out the Truth is a great addition to the And Then I... series, and a book that I can't help but suggest you pick up along with it's made of awesome prequel!

Grade: B+

And Then I Found Out the Truth will be released July 1, 2010!

Source: TKPublicRelations

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds and looks cute! I'd love to read the first book in the series. Fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this one sounds fantastic! Nice review, glad you liked it so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com