21.12.10

Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:

From the author of Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are comes a gripping story about one girl’s search for clues into the mysterious death of her father.

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?
Review:

Fall For Anything...I don't know even where to begin with this review, which nearly never happens. Though, this is a book by Courtney Summers, one of the most brilliant and amazing authors out there, so what else should I expect?

As long time readers of my blog may know, I LOVED Courtney's debut Cracked Up to Be and enjoyed her second novel Some Girls Are nearly as much. And her third one-Fall For Anything? Well, surprisingly enough, it was even better than Cracked Up to Be!

Fall for Anything is a honest and gritty portrayal of teen life, one that's so messed up but yet so true and well written that you can't help but get lost in the world of Eddie Reeve.

Fall For Anything begins shortly after Eddie's beloved and famous dad has committed suicide. As most teens would be, Eddie is a mess and only has questions about why her dad would commit suicide. He was an amazing painter, had a loving family, and had a daughter that he always seemed proud of, so why would someone who he had all that and more feel so lost in the world? Eager for answers to her questions, Eddie is happy when she meets Culler Evans, a fellow painter and student of her father's, one who's charming and cute, one who may just have the answers she doesn't. Soon enough, Eddie is on the path to finding out why her father left the world, but is Culler everything he appears to be, and more importantly is Eddie loosing herself through this? Only time will tell in this fantastic book that's sure to have nearly any reader turning the pages, eager to find out more.

Eddie. There's so much to say just about this one girl. For example, I never really liked Eddie all that much. I thought she was self-absorbed and way to impulsive- in all ways not a likable character. Though, that never stopped me from being completely enthralled in her story and from just being completely fascinated by her and her decisions. I especially loved how Courtney made Eddie's emotions so vivid and real, ones that any teen could really relate to if they've gone through something similar.

One of my favorite parts of this story was the relationships Eddie had with different people in it. For example, her one with Culler was fascinating and always had me on the edge of my seat, really, really curious to see what would come next. I also loved reading about her complicated friendship with Milo. Milo was without a doubt my favorite main character in this. He was likable, very real, and sweet, and to be even more honest, he was way too good for Eddie at times. But that never stopped me from having their scenes together be some of my favorites. Lastly, I loved seeing the parent-child relationships as well, from Eddie and her mom to the one she had with her dad each were three dimensional and well-done.

Furthermore, I think it goes without saying that Summers writing was amazing as per usual. As always, I loved the emotions she brings about in me with her characters, and the unique and forever twisted plot lines she introduces throughout. I don't think there was one moment where I truly knew how this was going to end until, well, the end.

In all, Fall For Anything is a lot of things including brilliant, sad, funny, honest, and true to name a few. So I beg you to buy this book once its released, to read and love it, to be completely fascinated in it in a way you aren't with most books, and to become a fan of Courtney Summers. I promise you you'll never once regret it.

Though, word of warning, if you're like me, you'll be thinking about this novels, days (and weeks even) after you've finished it.

Grade: A+

Fall For Anything is now out!

Source: Author/Publisher. Thanks, Courtney/St. Martin's Griffin! You guys rock. :)

Book Trailer:

5 comments:

  1. Awesome review! You've made me want to read this one even more. Thankfully, it comes out today!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I only read Cracked up to be and thought it was really good. I will try this one, sounds very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get my hands on this!

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com