29.1.11

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

*Spoilers may be present in the summary for those of you who haven't read the previous additions.*

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn't know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that's exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie "The Chameleon" can't hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers...or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie's future may lie deep in the past.
Review:

The Gallagher Girls series was one of the first ones that originally got me hooked on YA, and over the years it has been a series I've faithfully followed. So, it's no surprise that I not only read Only the Good Spy Young, the forth addition, but loved it as much as I did.

Only the Good Spy Young is yet another fast paced, addicting sequel in which Cammie and her friends not only find out even more surprising secrets but get into lots of interesting, tension filled, as well as sometimes funny, spy adventures.

In this addition, in particular, Cammie and her crew are dealing with some scary things. For one, during winter break Cammie and Bex meet up with a trusted ally, only to find out he's a rogue, undercover double agent, someone who may have been involved in Cammie's dad's demise! Further more, Cammie's also dealing with the fact that her mother's missing in action, she has a new, mysterious teacher teacher, and, yeah, the boy she kind-of loves keeps showing up in the most odd of locations. And that's only the beginning, and while Cammie, Liz, Bex, and Macey may not have it all figured out yet, they do know one thing: Junior year is going to be killer!

One of the big thing that also keeps me coming back for more of the Gallagher Girls series is the girls themselves. Bex, Cammie, Liz, and Macey are all fearless and brilliant in their own ways, and when mixed together they get in some of the most hilarious and interesting trouble ever.  In this sequel, I particularly liked how Cammie's character continued to grow, as well as how we got to see more of her and Zach's relationship.

Just like the previous prequels, Only the Good Spy Young is filled with action, action, and more action, and while the plot did stall in some places at times, I can't truly say I was disappointed in any ways with this. One of the things I liked most about this one was the way Ally has the plot developing in even more details, and let me tell you, the secrets you're about to find out in this one are shocking and oh-so-interesting.

In all, Ally Carter has yet another winner in Only the Good Spy Young. I can only hope the sequel (coming in 2012) will be as good!

Grade: A-

Only the Good Spy Young is now out!

Source: Publicist at Hyperion. Thanks, Atoosa!

5 comments:

  1. I have really been wanting to start this series, even more so after seeing your enthusiasm for it! Glad this one was another great installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books! I agree that the plot is always interesting, and I honestly wanted to be a spy after reading these. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get caught up with this series! I've only read the first two- loved them though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series!!!! They are my all time favorite books now!!!! I read the 2nd and the 3rd in like one and a half days!!! I couldn't put it down!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com