6.10.12

Review: Because It Is My Blood (Birthright #2) by Gabrielle Zevin

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:
“Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.”- Michael Corleone, The Godfather

Since her release from Liberty Children's Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve--and her heart--will be tested as never before.
Review:

If you're a long time reader of my blog, you may know that I ADORED the prequel to this one. It was mysterious, it was well written, and it included a dire cliff hanger! So when Because It Is My Blood landed on my doorstep earlier this year, I dove right in, dying to know what would happen next. To say the least, I was not disappointed one bit!

Because It Is My Blood includes even more twists, as well as turns, forbidden romance, and evil villains than the first one. They were wasn't a moment where I wasn't flipping the pages in rapid speed, curious to know what would happen next. I loved seeing how Anya continued to grow in this one as well as her relationships with everyone from her siblings to Win to her extend family/business associates continued to develop. They was some really shocking things reveled in this one, and I can't wait to see what's next!

In all, if you haven't read the first one yet, shame on you! You NEED to read it ASAP! If you've read the first one but not the second one, shame on you as well! It's daring. It's fun. Basically, it kicks as@! I can only hope the next book will be as good!

Grade: A+

Because It Is My Blood (Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble) is now out!

Source: Publicist- thanks Ksenia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com