10.12.17

Sunday Post/Stacking the Shelves (23)






Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 


New Books this Week: 
  

For Review: 

The Summer of Broken Things by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Whiskey Secrets (Whiskey and Lies #1) by Carrie Ann Ryan
Sweet Life by Nina Lane 
Crimson Ash by Haley Sulich 

 Much thanks goes to Inkslinger PR, Media Masters Publicity, Haley Sulich!! 


Won: 

ARC of Wild Blue Wonder by Carlie Sorosiak

Thanks Carlie!!





Books Read this Week: 

Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy: This book lured me with the title and pretty cover. Overall, it was one of those books that was so bad it was good - if that makes sense? In the acknowledgments Monica mentions she was inspired by Scream Queens, which makes so much sense after reading the book. So basically, if you love Scream Queens (which I felt super meh about it), you'll probably love it. 
Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle: It's been years since I've read a book by Jennifer, and I really don't know why - I LOVED her debut way back when. Anyhow, this book was amazing and so perfect for the holiday season.
The Tombs by by Deborah Schaumberg: Another great 2018 debut! I loved the historical setting as well as the mystery. The one thing that brought it down, though? The romance - it left a really bad taste in my mouth :( 
Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton - So incredibly eye-opening! The dual POV was masterfully crafted, and I loved and appreciated learning more about Cuba and its vast history. I thought Chanel did an amazing job of making this informative while also spellbinding. 

Books Reviewed this Week: 
*Covers Link to Reviews* 

   
  


New in my Reading/Blogging/Personal Life: 

Another mostly quiet week for me. 

We received our first "snow" on Saturday. I loved how all the news stations were calling it a "snow storm," even though we only got about 2.5 inches lol the phrase snow storm shouldn't be thrown around unless we're getting a foot or more.  I mean, this is north eastern PA. 

On Friday, one of my best friends from college came to visit, which was fun. We went to the mall and out to lunch. I also treated myself to Starbucks and a cinnamon bun from Cinnabon while at the mall, which was yummy. It's been so long since I've had anything from Cinnabon. 

This week finals start for me; thankfully, I only have two, and they're relatively far apart from each other - one Thursday and one the following Monday. Because of that I may not be around as much this week so we'll see :) 

Have a great week everyone!!
 ....  

32 comments:

  1. We got some snow here yesterday, too, more than I thought we were going to get! Originally they thought we might not get any, but it snowed pretty much all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they were first calling the storm here the predications ranged from 1 inch to 9 inches, which I feel shouldn't be an acceptable range at lol but it ended up snowing here pretty much the whole day too. Thankfully, most of it melted on Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your finals. I'm dying to read The Tombs - can't wait for its release.

    Happy readings & Wishes of a great week.
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your finals! I hope you'll pass them both! :)

    Have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be keeping an eye out for your review of Sweet Life. I've never read a Nina Lane book, but that one called to me. I'm so excited to see you loved Next Year In Havana. I've been hearing wonderful things about the book. I should just get to it ASAP.
    Oh hey I didn't know you were a fellow PA blogger! Finals are for me this week too! Good luck with yours and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Year in Havana is so amazing! I went into expecting to like it, but I came out loving it. The history and the setting are so incredibly rich. I didn't know much about Cuba prior to reading it. This will be my first Nina Lane book actually - something about it appealed to me too. And yay for being a fellow PA blogger! I've been in PA the entirety of my life. For college, I was in the Philly suburbs, but now I'm closer to the Allentown/Poconos areas. Good luck on your finals, Nick! :)

      Delete
  5. I am SO JEALOUS that you have Wild Blue Yonder. I loved Sorosiak's debut and cannot wait to read her new book. Congratulations! Let me know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I keep telling myself I won't start it until closer to its release date, but I know that's not going to happen. I'll probably devour it at Christmas lol

      Delete
  6. Lots of pretty books! I am curious about The Truth Beneath the Lies. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Truth Beneath the Lies was very good. If you love thrillers, I would definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  7. Thursday night they told us not to expect any accumulations and then Friday morning, boom, 6 inches of snow by noon! And more over night. I think they were a little off. lol... Your new books look amazing! I am curious about The Truth Beneath the Lies, I'm off to check it out now. :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 inches?! That's nutty! Here they were calling for 1 to 9 inches, which is such a big range I don't even understand the point of predicting it lol we ended up with just about 3 inches which made the roads messy but not un-passable.

      Delete
  8. Crimson Ash looks good! And Pretty Dead Girls is one that I might have read just from the cover/ title as well!

    It snowed here too- start of winter I guess!

    Have a super week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! And yup I think winter has finally caught up with us all, and I'm not too happy about it lol

      Delete
  9. Glad you had a great week and I wish that we got snow where we live.

    Here’s my Sunday Post !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll gladly give you all my snow lol Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to read The Tombs by sorry you didn't like the romance. Pretty Dead Girls sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, there was so much I love about it - the setting, the mystery, the paranormal - that the romance didn't hinder me too much. It was more an annoyance than anything, and mostly because it was the largest case of insta love I think I've ever seen. Anyhow, I hope you end up enjoying it (and Pretty Dead Girls too!).

      Delete
  11. Wow, you got a lot of books. I hope you enjoy them all. Good luck with your finals. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh, I love the cover of The Tombs! Those types of covers really appeal to me. And the romance novels with the man in the suit on the cover - I love those as well. LOL. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Lauren. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyssa! I really love the cover of The Tombs as well - even more so now that I've read it.

      Delete
  13. Together at Midnight looks like a cute one. Stay warm and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in the North East too so we got that Saturday snow as well :). It's indeed funny they called it a "snow storm," :D As I live in New England so I'll say to that... hahahaha LOL

    cinnamon bun, Starbucks, BFF from college.. sounds like a great time :) Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like everyone got snow this week! Guess winter is here loud and proud for everyone lol

      Delete
  15. Looks like you picked up a lot of great new reads this week. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    We got our first snow of the year on Saturday as well. It was only about an inch and a half but you would have thought it was a a blizzard the way people were acting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's how it was here too! The thing that was even funnier for me was how crazy my neighbors got about shoveling when the temperatures on Monday were supposed to be in the 40s. Mostly everything melted by mid morning lol

      Delete
  16. I am so not ready for snow. I know it's coming but I wish it wouldn't. Looks like you had a good reading week. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely relate! This is also the first year I have to deal with on street parking and snow and let me tell you it's not a fun combo.

      Delete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com