26.11.08

Waiting On Wednesday: Week 2

My choice this week is:

The Forest Of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


Summary:


In Mary's world, there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best.

The Guardians will protect and serve.

The Unconsecrated will never relent.

And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village. The fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.

Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?



My Thoughts:

I wish '09 would come faster because their is so many books coming out than that look excellent. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is one of those, no doubt about it. The summary makes the book sound like a page turner and the cover is so beautiful! Plus, after viewing the book trailer for this it made it go up higher on my books to read in '09.

The Forest of Hands and Tenth comes out in March on the tenth!

Previous Waiting on Wednesday's:

Week One


5 comments:

  1. I found the arc in a nyc bookstore and got it for $3. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! I didn't know there was a book trailer for this, gotta check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds like that one movie, with the yellow robes and the forest, and that blind girl. I totally can't think of the name at the moment, but thats what it seems like. Great cover though (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily - that would be the Village. But I think the whole fenced off village is where the similarities end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cannot WAIT for Forest of Hands and Teeth! I've already preordered...and am SO EXCITED to get it! Carrie is also one of the most fun people ever...so that adds to my excitement!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com