26.12.08

You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay


Summary:


" Fifteen year old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot issues."
All Meghan wants to do is go to homecoming. Unfortunately, every time she leaves the house she gets trailed by a bunch of slobbering undead, making it a little hard to score a date. Not that it matters. Her crush, fellow settler ( and total hottie) Ethan, treats her like an annoying kid sister anyway.
When someone in school starts using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, it's up to Megan to spot the Zombie apocalypse. Her life- and more importantly, homecoming- depends on it. ( From back cover of ARC)
Review:

Your So Undead To Me was a mix of romance, friendships, and zombie settling. In this book all of the zombie settlers have their own secret society and rules they follow. I thought this was a really unique turn to the whole zombie world. Meghan was a funny and honest character most of the time which made me come to enjoy reading about her life. The only problem I had was her belief that her whole world was going to be ruined if she didn't go to homecoming with a hot date and her obsession over Ethan. So, when it was kind of dropped and replaced with the other side of her, I was hooked. Another part I enjoyed was the mystery behind who was doing all the black magic. I thought I had it figured out from the beginning who it was. Though, as the story progressed the person behind it all became much clearer. I was truly surprised. Lastly, I enjoyed the whole kicking zombie butt part of the story and hope there is plenty more of it to come in the sequel. Though, I wish there was more of Meghan being a "therapist" to the zombies, because it could have been an interesting part of the story. So, I hope Stacey will include more of that, too.
Overall, Your So Undead to Me was a pleasant surprise. I had never read a book about zombies or zombie settling before. Though, I had seen countless movies about both. So, when I first began reading this I was a little bit weary, but in the end I loved this book a ton. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, Undead Much, and whatever else Stacey comes up with.
Grade: B+
Your So Undead To Me will be released on January 22, 2009. You can preorder it here.
* Much thanks to Jillian for sending me a copy!

2 comments:

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com