The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott (I'm reading it now and it's so freaking good!!!!)
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (I've heard some very fantastic things about this.)
Of All Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz ( Adore the cover of this one!)
Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland ( Looks cute!)
Secrets Girls Keep by Carrie Silver- Stock ( Read this past week, so review should be coming soon.)
I ended up going to a book signing on Friday down in Doylestown at Doylestown Books and got to listen to three amazing authors talk about there books. Who were those authors you may ask? Well, the amazing people who have written many unforgettable novels- Jay Asher, Laurie Halse Anderson, and Lauren Myracle. It was so much fun listing to them talk and answer questions.
Some things mentioned were:
- Before Lauren sold her first book she had gone through about 148 rejections! I really couldn’t believe that. Oh, and Laurie and Jay also stated that they had gone through a great deal themselves before finally selling their first books.
- Lauren passed around an ARC of one of her newest books ( due out in May 2010!), Thirteen Plus One, which continues Winnie's story ( the main character in Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen) and let me tell you it has such a cute cover! Oh, and she also told us that because of bookstores lack of support in the title Fourteen ( Apparently it was TOO SCARY. lol.) the title morphed into Thirteen Plus One.
- Jay has the tendency to edit while writing and not go back and do so simply because if he doesn’t feel totally blown away when reading his previous day's work all he wants to do is through his hands up in the air and call it quits, while Laurie said she writes about seven drafts overall.
- All three talked about how long it takes them to write a book. Laurie said about a year, Lauren a couple of months, and it took Jay a couple of years, I think he said, to write 13 Reasons Why. Also, Lauren said that the book she currently is writing she started in June (??) and has to be turned in by December!
- Laurie said the success to finding time to write is not watching TV, much to the dismay of Lauren.
- Jay said that 13 Reasons Why was actually inspired by a true story in his life which included a relative trying to attempt suicide. Luckily, she was saved before she could do herself all harm, leaving her to tell her story to Jay over the years.
- Laurie's Wintergirls was also inspired by her life which caused this to be one of the hardest book she written and one that often left her in tears when working on it.
Though, Lauren Myracle posted some pics from the event here, Jay Asher did here, and here are pictures of the title pages of the books I got signed! :)
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher ( Such an amazing book!)
( It says: Everything affects everything; just in case you can't read what he wrote.)
TTYL by Lauren Myracle ( Another great book!)
( It says: Laurens of the world Unite! Yaaay!; ; just in case you can't read what she wrote)
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson ( One of the most amazing books I've read this past year!)
( It says: Taste Life!; ; just in case you can't read what she wrote)
Overall: What a fantastic week! :)