2.12.09

Waiting On Wednesday: Week 55

My pick this week is:


When KJ Carson is assigned to write a column for her school newspaper about the wolves in nearby Yellowstone National Park, she’s more interested in impressing Virgil Whitman, the new kid in school and the photographer assigned as her partner, than in investigative journalism. But before long, KJ has a face-to-face encounter with a wolf that changes her and the way she thinks about wolves. With her new found passion for protecting these controversial animals, KJ inadvertently ignites the fuse of the anti-wolf sentiment in the community. First Virgil is injured during a town parade, and then her father’s store is set on fire in retribution. To stop the escalating violence, KJ follows Virgil to the cattle ranch of the most outspoken anti-wolf activists in town, against her father’s will. What she discovers there threatens everything and everyone she cares about.
In KJ’s fierce and funny attempt to make peace between the wolves and the people that despise them, she must first face her own long-held fears. It’s terrifying, but then, finding yourself always is.

This book looks so great! Plus, I adore the title.

Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me will be released May 13, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this cover a dozen times, but this is the first time I've read a synopsis. Definitely adding this to my wish-list now. It sounds awesome- great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting! I can't wait to read it! Thanks for posting a link to my contest and grabbing my button! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blurb sounds great. I really don't like the blue background of the cover though. It feels unfinished to me. I hadn't seen this one before so thanks for introducing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great pick!

    This is the first I've heard of this book, but now I'm interested because she's on her school newspaper! I'm super excited to read a book with a newspaper staff writer as a MC (says newspaper-obsessed blogger) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com