27.3.10

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary by Jeff Kinney

Summary:

Go behind the scenes with Jeff Kinney and the making of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie!

If you've ever wondered how a movie gets made, you're not alone. Author and illustrator Jeff Kinney didn't know either, but when his bestselling series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, was turned into a live-action movie by 20th Century Fox, he learned how a book gets adapted into a major motion picture.

Complete with photographs, script pages, storyboard sketches, costume designs, and original art by Jeff Kinney, The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary is the perfect companion to the bestselling series.

Review:
 
When I first received The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary in the mail I was slightly hesitant to read it. Since I've never read the original Wimpy Kid books because they’re based for a younger age and even without that, they’re not exactly my cup of tea. Though, one day I decided what the heck and read it.

Surprisingly enough, I ended up really enjoying this read because it gave me an insider look on how a movie is made. From the amount of drafts to picking the actors to the topic of extras, Jeff talked about it all and with pictures, too! Leaving me to respect Jeff for giving his fans such an awesome look into the movie industry because it sure showed that he did at least some research when compelling the book together.
 
In all, The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary is a book that I recommend those of you with little siblings in the middle grade set to show them on the next trip to the bookstore because I'm sure they'll be fascinated with it, even more so if they're already an avid fan of the series. Plus, even those of you think you may be to old to read, it still was an interesting and fast paced read if you're the least bit interested with the movie industry.

Grade: C+

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary is now out!

Source: Amulet Books for review.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the books either, but I do want to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great honest review! I think younger readers will really enjoy this.

    Oh and I have a blog award for you: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I doubt I'd enjoy this, although it would be cool to go behind the scenes of movie making.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com