30.7.10

Review: Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website:
Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.

Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone. But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected...

Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.
Review:

If I was asked to quickly sum up Tweet Heart in one sentence, this is what I would say: Tweet Heart is without a doubt one of the cutest and funniest romances I've read not only this year but ever.

Tweet Heart tells the tale of four teens. Claire is the bookish and hopeless romantic that hopes her true love will follow her on twitter. But wait! Is he already doing so? Her best friend Lottie is the flirt of the group, jumping from guy to guy, hoping to find her own connection to someone special. But is this guy right in front of her? Will is the quiet yet sweet one whose secret desire is to tell his crush he likes her. Lastly, Bennett is the sly, sarcastic one who's the creator of one mess that will test this friendship of four to the limit.

One of my original worries of starting this novel was character development. I felt that given the way it was told in by tweets, blogs, and e-mails it would leave for little character development to be made but as it turns quite the opposite happened, because this was one novel that was never short in character development, which left for each person to jump of the page and become their own.

In all honesty, I could never pick a favorite character out of the mix because each had such unique and funny qualities that made me love them right of bat no matter how silly some of their actions were. Though, I will admit that Claire's often hit a chord in me because of how similar we are.

Further more, while the plot of this was at times predictable, it never failed to be engaging and fun to read. I really adored the way it was told because it left for it to move in such a fast pace, making this truly be a perfect read for reluctant readers. Further more, I give Elizabeth Rudnick props for creating such a three dimensional story in so little words. She is absolutely an author to keep an eye out for.

In all, Tweet Heart is truly the perfect romantic comedy and one read I'll positively be suggesting to others.

Grade: A-

Tweet Heart is now out!

Source: Publicist at Disney Hyperion. Thanks, Atoosa!

10 comments:

  1. Twitter love? Oh this is so cute. Can't wait to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so adorable :) Thank you for the review! I feel like I NEED to read this now!

    -Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, the summary makes me smile. Oh, what technology cannot do these days. Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much from this one but all the reviews so far have been really great. It sounds like a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this book sounds like the definition of cute! Although I don't use twitter, I'd love to read this just for fun. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds soo cute and I really want to read it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb review! This sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book sounds like fun . Thanks for the review!
    I just started my own blog. Please stop by if you can. Thank you

    Misha
    http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering whether to read this one. Thanks to you, I am decided! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely agree! I was so surprised by how great the character development was, they were all definitely unique

    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com