I haven't announced winners in a while so I thought I would do a post for that as well as some bookish news that has been passed on to me recently.
The winners of Leila Sales' Mostly Good Girls are Elizabeth H., jpetroroy, Stacey, Lindsay Devine, Kelsey. Congrats! Your mailing info has been passed on to Simon and Schuster, and you shall be receiving the book shortly.
The winner of Keren David's When I Was Joe is Andrea. Congrats! I'll be passing on your mailing info to the publicist shortly.
Blog Related Update:
As most of you have probably noticted, I recently changed the background of Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf. I'm really liking the change because not only has it allowed me to add new gadgets to my blog like tabs (Check them out! New info (including an actual bio for and written by me) has been posted in the About Me tab), share this buttons, and more, but it's the first time I've changed it in nearly two years! AND I would love to here what you all think! Love it? Hate it? Any suggestions? Let me know in the comments! :)
Other News Unrelated to My Blog:
One of my favorite bloggers-Eleni at La Femme Readers- is hosting a Re-create the cover for Brenda Pandos's The Sapphire Talisman, and she would love it if you entered! Prizes include a finished copy of The Sapphire Talisman, a Sapphire Talisman necklace, AND a shout-out in Brenda's acknowledgment's section in the third installment. To find out more, head over to Eleni's blog.
- Holiday Cheer Daily Book Contest--- Readers must register for the contest each day, and they can also opt-in to a daily holiday e-mail alert spotlighting the featured titles.
- What to Give/What to Get Gift Guide --- For everyone on your shopping list from children to adults, Bookreporter.com has it covered this holiday season with gift suggestions for everyone on your shopping list, featuring more than 85 titles in 14 different categories--- including Eat, Drink & Be Merry (cookbooks and culinary tales), Faces & Places (biography and memoir), Great Choices for Booklovers (fiction and nonfiction), Holiday Spirit (perfect selections for holiday reading) and many more.
- Author Holiday Blogs--- Favorite authors including Nelson DeMille, Daniel Silva, Lisa Scottoline and more than 30 others share their favorite memories of giving or receiving a book at the holidays.
- Holiday Basket of Cheer--- This popular annual contest returns to Teenreads.com. Between November 12th and December 13th, readers can enter to win a basket filled with seasonal goodies plus ten great books for teens.
- Teenreads.com What to Give/What to Get Gift Guide--- For everyone who loves young adult books, Teenreads.com has a gift giving guide that’s perfect in this season of giving and getting.
- Kidsreads.com What to Give/What to Get Gift Guide--- From picture books to chapter books to a young celebrity biography, this gift giving guide for kids has something for children of all ages.
On December 14th Jessica Brody is releasing The Karma Club book soundtrack digitally to stores such as Amazon and iTunes. The soundtrack features 10 songs inspired by the book. To get a sneak peak of some of the songs on the soundtrack, head on over here, here, or here.
And better yet, Jessica also announced a brand new book deal on her website this week! To find out more head on over here.