8.8.12

Waiting on Wednesday (131)

*Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.*

During my blogging hiatus, I became extremely uninformed about the new and amazing sounding books coming out in the near future. Thankfully, I've been starting to catch-up, and here's some forthcoming books, I'm dying to read...

Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow. Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.

I loved Lindsey's first foray into YA so I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one as well. The premise sounds great, and as you all know, I'm a huge fan of contemporary novels!

Going Vintage will be released in March 2013.

The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

London, 1894. Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father’s gruesome experiments. But when she learns her father is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations were true.

Juliet is accompanied by the doctor’s handsome young assistant and an enigmatic castaway, who both attract Juliet for very different reasons. They travel to the island only to discover the depths of her father’s madness: he has created animals that have been vivisected to resemble, speak, and behave as humans. Worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island’s inhabitants. Juliet knows she must end her father’s dangerous experiments and escape the island, even though her horror is mixed with her own scientific curiosity. As the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father’s genius—and madness—in her own blood.
Anything with the word Madman in the title has my attention from the get go, and luckily, this one does sound pretty spectacular! Plus I just love the cover...it's simple but stunning!

The Madman's Daughter will be released in January 2013.

10 comments:

  1. I love Lindsey Leavitt and am so excited for GOING VINTAGE! I haven't heard about THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER, but it sounds good! I'll have to add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read Going Vintage as well! I've loved everything else Leavitt has written and I'm been waiting for this one for what feels like forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another Leavitt fan! :) But yes, the wait for this one does seem like forever...thank god it won't be too much longer.

      Delete
  3. Going Vintage is very high on my 'must read' list. I loved Leavitt's Sean Griswold's Head (despite its awful cover), and I can't wait to see what other stories she has in store. Great picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see how many people are excited about GV. And yes, Sean Griswold's Head did have a horrible cover, but the story was good and that's all that counts in my book. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for th Madmans daughter it sounsd so awesome!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed! Now I'm going to check out your WoW post. :)

      Delete
  5. Both look really great! Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com