4.1.13

Review: The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines

Summary/Cover Image from Author's Website:
Getting a boy to fall head-over-heels in love with you isn’t easy. Especially when he’s been in love with your cousin for as long as you can remember.Lana has lived her life in her cousin’s shadow. Ashton always made perfect grades, had tons of friends, and looks model-perfect. And she’s always had Sawyer Vincent—the only boy Lana’s ever wanted—wrapped around her finger. But now things are different. Lana has a chance to make Sawyer see her, and she’s taking it. If only he’d get over Ashton—because Lana is sick of second-best.

Sawyer’s heart is broken. He’s lost his best girl to his best friend. And then Lana comes to town. Ashton’s cousin has always been sweet and soft-spoken, but now she’s drop-dead gorgeous as well. Sawyer doesn’t know if Lana can heal his broken heart, but spending time with her might at least make Ashton jealous.What starts as a carefree fling becomes a lusty game of seduction. Sawyer and Lana may have different motives, but their scintillating hookups are the same kind of steamy…
Review: 

After reading The Vincent Boys and Fallen Too Far, I knew it was time to finally dive into The Vincent Brothers, the sequel to The Vincent Boys. I was a little worried it wouldn't be as good as The Vincent Boys. However, it ended up being just as good and even a little better to tell the truth!

The Vincent Brothers picks up six months after the last one ended, and Sawyer is still having a hard time coming-to-terms with Ashton and Beau's new relationship. However, everything changes when Ashton's cousin Lana comes back to town and with a new and improved look nonetheless. Sawyer is instantly smitten with her. She's fun and sweet and she keeps his mind of Ashton, but what happens when he falls for her? Will he make it real, or will his feelings for Ashton ruin everything? Only time and more pages can tell in this adorable and steamy addition to The Vincent Boys!

As much as I enjoyed reading about Ashton and Beau's romance, I think I enjoyed reading about Sawyer and Lana's even more. I think part of it had to do with seeing Sawyer finally get his chance at a happily ever after and the other part had to do with how much I could relate to Lana and her story. In addition, I loved finding out more about Sawyer. To tell the truth, I feel like we really didn't get to see much of him in the first book. He was always just depicted as a prince charming like guy, but in this, his good side as well as his bad side was on display, which really made him develop as a character. The addition of Lana's best friend Jewel was also a lot of fun and I loved seeing all the familiar faces from the first book.

The plot in this was also something I enjoyed. As mentioned above, I really enjoyed seeing Sawyer and Lana's relationship bloom. It was sweet as well as hot. Plus I loved how they had problems just like every other couple has....it wasn't just one happily ever kind of moment. It took a lot to build up to that point. What I enjoyed even more was seeing some of the the subplots from the The Vincent Boys developed more as well as were concluded with.

Abbi's writing was also great! She did a great job yet again switching back and forth between characters, and I just ADORED the overall ending! It was such a great way to end the story for both sets of characters. :)

In all, The Vincent Brothers is yet another great book by Abbi Glines,and while I'm sad to see it come to an end, I'm excited to check out Abbi's past books as well as her future ones.

Grade: A+

The Vincent Brothers (Amazon, BN, Goodreads) is now out!

Source: Bought from Barnes and Noble 

1 comment:

  1. Freaking LOVE these books! Only Abbi can make me swoon over Sawyer after making me pretty much hate him in book 1. This one was more emotional but Beau is still my fave :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com