29.8.17

Review: Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4) by Erin Watt


Summary/Cover Image from Author's Website: 
These Royals will ruin you.

Easton Royal has it all: looks, money, intelligence. His goal in life is to have as much fun as possible. He never thinks about the consequences because he doesn’t have to.

Until Hartley Wright appears, shaking up his easy life. She’s the one girl who’s said no, despite being attracted to him. Easton can’t figure her out and that makes her all the more irresistible.

Hartley doesn’t want him. She says he needs to grow up.

She might be right.

Rivals. Rules. Regrets. For the first time in Easton’s life, wearing a Royal crown isn’t enough. He’s about to learn that the higher you start, the harder you fall.
Review:

After devouring the first three Royals books this summer, I was beyond ecstatic to receive an ARC of the highly anticipated forth book Fallen Heir. I was excited to see Easton finally get his own story, and even more importantly, his chance to find "the one." The result? I wasn't disappointed one bit!

Easton Royal lives a good life; however, he's also bored. He's especially bored of the typical Astor Park Prep girl. So when Ms. Mann, his young, attractive new calculus teacher, shows interest in him, he's beyond willing to go down that slippery slope. However, as most forbidden things go, Easton lands himself in more trouble than pleasure with his after class randevu with Ms. Mann. Caught in the act by Hartley Wright, Easton is left with one huge problem, one that Ms. Mann urges him to fix. Hartley is more than willing to overlook what she saw. She doesn't want any problems, especially with someone like Easton Royal. However, Easton is intrigued by Hartley, especially by the fact that she refuses to give him the time of day...no girl has ever done that before. So Easton vows to get to know Hartley while Hartley vows to stay clear of Easton's path; however, the more Hartley resists, the harder Easton tries....

Over the course of the first three Royals books I feel in love with Easton's character. I always find his constant problem of putting his foot in mouth hilarious as well as oddly charming. I also admire his loyalty and dedication to the people he loves...sometimes he's not very good at showing it but he always pulls through at the end.

Seeing his POV first hand in Fallen Heir allowed for his character truly grow and develop. To be honest, I didn't always love him. Sometimes I just wanted to reach through the pages and punch him. He was occasionally egocentric, vastly rash, and incredibly bold. He made the worst decisions at times. However, I felt like that made him more real in my eyes, and I liked that he wasn't perfect, that he didn't always say or do the right thing. It was especially interesting to see him struggle with addiction in this novel more so than what previous books had addressed in the past. He was the prime example of a troubled hero, and over the course of this book, I became fully dedicated to seeing his path of redemption to the end, especially when he did incredibly caring and thoughtful things for Hartley.

Hartley is similar to Ella in many ways. She's resilient and sassy. She knows what she wants, and she knows what path will get her there. She's had a rough life, but she hasn't let her stop doing what the right thing. From the first page, I liked Hartley. I loved that she was the first person to really tell Easton no, to push him to be the better person, the better friend and maybe even the better boyfriend. She was a tough cookie, and I'm sure many readers will come to like her as much as Ella.

The plot in this one was addictive as Erin Watt's past books (seriously, it's getting to the point where I think they could rewrite the dictionary and still find a way to make it juicy). Through Hartley's family drama there's a big mystery introduced, one that is consistently developed over the course of the book. I don't want to say too much about it; however, I will say it included lots of good twists and turns, and while I could figure out some of it, other parts left me fully shocked. I also enjoyed seeing Hartley and Easton's relationship develop over the course of the book. I found it sort of refreshing to see them as friends for the majority of the book. It added a good "will-they-or-won't-they" component  to the story. I will admit, though, I didn't find Hartley and Easton's relationship as hot and steamy as Reed and Ella's, but there's still more books for me to feel that area grow. I also enjoyed catching up with past characters in this one. It was fun to see how everything was doing and how much certain things had changed since Twisted Palace.

Addictive, romantic, and suspenseful, Fallen Heir is sure to make Roayls fans incredibly happy, especially ones like me who've been dying for Easton's story!

BUT.....word of warning....the ending is INSANE. Seriously, your jaw is going to drop, and you're going to be screaming for the next one.

So with that the countdown for Cracked Kingdom begins!

Grade: A- 

Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4) is now out! 

Source: ARC provided by authors/publicist 


Buy Links: 

Amazon | BN | Kobo 

Author Links: 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the books in this series but they do seem popular. I am so glad that you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are incredibly popular! The fan base behind them is really something.

      Delete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com