18.3.18

Sunday Post/ Stacking the Shelves (36)




Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

*I'm currently giving away one copy of Alexandra Monir's The Final Six and swag HERE! US only!* 

New Books: 

For Review: 


Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1) by Amanda Foody  
Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake 
The Lies They Tell by Gillian French 
Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett 
Thief of Happy Endings by Kristen Chandler 
Little Big Love by Katy Regan 

Much thanks goes to Harlequin Teen, Harper Teen, Penguin Young Readers, and First to Read! 

Bought: 


Among the Red Stars by Gwen C. Katz 

Books Read This Week:


Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney: I read this on the plane to Florida, and guys, I don't think a flight has ever gone faster! This book was GOOD. I'm still thinking about the ending. It's one of those that leaves you think "wait, what did I just read?!". Alice is definitely a new author to watch out for! 

Now a Major Motion Picture by  Cori McCarthy: I went into this knowing almost nothing about it, but it was such a delightful surprise! It was laugh-out-loud funny as well as charming. I especially loved the emphasis on feminism! 

I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman: Gayle Forman has done it again! This book is stunning! I love the simplicity of her writing. It makes it so incredibly easy to loose yourself in her books for a few hours. I also loved the bond between the 3 MCs. 

Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen: Fantastic premise but the execution fell short. I was expecting a chilling spy thriller, and while Matt did provide some good twists, I was more often bored with what I was reading. It also didn't help that I couldn't connect with the MC. She was incredibly one dimensional. 

Trespassing by Brandi Reeds: So I started this book last night at 10:30 pm thinking I'd read a chapter or two then go to bed. PLOT TWIST: that didn't happen. Before I knew it was 3 am and I was done with the book. It was such an incredible whirlwind! Once I started I couldn't put it down. There were so many thrills and chills, and honestly I don't think I've been this creeped out while reading book in a while. I was double checking that all my doors were locked! 

Life Update: 

My Florida vacation was AMAZING! We truly lucked out with the weather. It was sunny and warm almost every day, and the one day that it was supposed to rain heavily it ended up just being a few showers. I went to Universal Parks on Monday. It was my first time there, and while I don't normally like amusement parks, I had so much fun! The rides were fun, and I LOVED the frozen butter beer in Harry Potter World. It was SOOOOO GOOD! If/when I go back I'll definitely be getting another one! I also spent some time on the beach, which was nice! It wasn't super hot, but I didn't mind - the breeze was nice. 

I was so sad to leave on Thursday, especially when I found out that Northeast PA was in the 30s, but as they say all good things must come to an end :( My airport experience back though was horrific! First, the flight was delayed by an hour so there was no way I was going to make my connecting flight, which was a nightmare. It didn't help that the crew on my first flight weren't very nice.... The one good thing was that the airport was happy to book us another flight but at 10 pm instead of the original 5. So I ended up in the Newark airport for about 5 hours Thursday, and it was just miserable. I don't think the place had any heat on! 

But really that was the only bad part of the week. I didn't get to read as much on vacation was I would've liked, but I powered some books when I got back. Trespassing blew me away! If you love thrillers, you need it in your life! I can't wait to start Ace of Shades! *Fingers crossed* I like it as much as everyone else. 

Have a great week! 

*ICYMII'm currently giving away one copy of Alexandra Monir's The Final Six and swag HERE! US only!* 

Twitter | Bloglovin | Goodreads 

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time on your trip, despite the plane issues! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, you've reminded me that I have Beyond a Darkened Shore for review! I'm glad your vacation went well thought I'm sorry you're back here in the land of still-winter. 😶 I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a good weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Sometimes I Lie this week...and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am also eyeing Little Big Love.

    Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip to Florida sounds like a lot of fun and the weather sounds amazing! You picked up some amazing new books this week and I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Disney. We have yet to go to Universal but that one is on the list to do. OMG, tho when we came back it took me a longggggg time to get used to life again. Glad the weather was good and you had a great time!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great vacation though. I never get to read as much as I plan when I have time off. Some really good looking books here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great vacation. Too bad your return trip wasn't ideal. I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trespassing sounds like something I should check out since I do like thrillers. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Loving all the books you got and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh The Lies They Tell is one I want to read, so I hope that one is good. :)

    Sometimes I Lie (love that title) and Trespassing both sound great!

    Glad you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm kinda bummed to hear Orphan Monster Spy wasn't too great. I was looking forward to reading that. Glad you had a fun trip to Florida! I'm going next year for the first time. I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Universal! My favourite theme park every time I've been to Florida :) Glad you had a great time on your break!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com