1.4.18

Sunday Post/ Stacking the Shelves (37 & 38)




Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

New Books: 

For Review: 


Royals by Rachel Hawkins 
Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson 
Sweet Black Waves by Kristina Perez 
Fair Game by Taylor Lunsford 
Under a Storm-Swept Sky by Beth Anne Miller 
Isle of Blood & Stone by Makiia Lucier 
Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier 
The Rules of Rebellion by Amity Hope 
The Queen Underneath by Stacey Filak

Much thanks goes to Page Street YA, Amity Hope, St. Martin's Press, HMH, Penguin/First to Read, Entangled, and Feiwel and Friends! 

Books Read Over the Last Two Weeks:


Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson: I've been hearing fantastic things about Lily's books for ages now so I was beyond excited to get an early look at this. For the most part I liked it. I appreciated the amount of body positivity, and I loved all the girl power. However, the overall mystery left something to be desired. 

Royals by Rachel Hawkis: Cute and funny. It was an easy read, but it didn't quite live up to Rachel's Hex Hall series. I felt that it wasn't as developed as it could be. At the end, I was like "wait, that's it?" 

The Window by Amelia Brunskill: Chilling creepy!  

Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier: I discovered this one in a Netgalley email, but I wasn't all that impressed with it.

Life Update: 

I had every intention of posting a weekly wrap-up last week but then life got in the way. Ergo, two weeks in one post. 

This past week was busy, busy, busy. I feel like I didn't have one minute of peace between assignments and weekly commitments. The only book I finished was Undead Girl Gang but that's only because I scheduled time in. I needed to know how it ended! By the time Friday night rolled around I couldn't have been happier. I'm hoping this upcoming week is less chaotic. 

My family is celebrating Easter today with a small family dinner, and I can't for all the good food. My mom decided to make a hummingbird cake this year, and I'm hoping it's as good as it smells. Plus it has my cream cheese icing on it, which is my favorite. 

Have a great week everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! We're just having a small dinner with my in-laws. Hope this coming week is a little less chaotic for you! I've been seeing Sweet Black Waves around a lot and I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I can't wait to read the Window! I have it preordered for Tuesday. :) Undead Girl Gang sounds like a blast too!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Lauren! I am glad that I saw that you didn't really care for Jar of Hearts. I was considering it but I don't think I will add that one. I hope this week is a bit calmer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a picture of this hummingbird cake? I want to see it. You didn't seem over the moon about the new Anderson, so now I don't feel so bad about my rejection for that request. XD I usually align with you on many books (within a half star), so I trust your judgement.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com