7.1.10

Undead Much? by Stacey Jay

**Spoiler alert: don't read this review if you do not want spoilers for You Are So Undead To Me. You can read my review of that book here, and you should definitely read it before you read anything about Undead Much?

Summary:

Q: How many guys does it take to make your boyfriend wild with jealousy?
A: Only one, if he's UNDEAD.

Megan Berry had a perfectly average new-sundress-and-boy-obsessed life--until her power to settle the Undead returned. Oh, and then her best friend tried to kill her--and ruin homecoming--with a bunch of black magically raised zombies. At least she got a spot on the pom squad and a smokin' boyfriend (Ethan). But now Megan is in deep fertilizer all over again.

Why? Well, let's see...

· Feral new super-strong zombies? Check.
· Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening half time as they know it? Check
· An Undead psychic hottie (Cliff) who's predicting a zombie apocalypse--and doing his best to tempt Megan away from Ethan? Yum. I mean, Check.
· Earth-shattering secrets that could land Megan in Settler prison for life? Um, IT WASN'T ME!!!

Everyone thinks Megan's at fault for the new uber-zombie uprising. Looks like she'll need the help of both Cliff and Ethan if she's going to prove her innocence before it's too late...


Review:
 
After reading and enjoying You Are So Undead To Me, the prequel to this, I was curious to see how Undead Much would measure up to it. And as it turns out, Undead Much definitely threw the previous one way out of the ball park.

For one, it showed major plot and character development. Megan proved once again to be a likable character that was easy to root for and Ethan was swoon worthy as always. Plus, I loved how in this we got to see Monica's more caring side along with her usual infamous snarky comments that always lead to a laugh or two. Moving on, the different plot developments such as 'What secret is Megan's parents hiding?' to 'Who really is behind all these attacks?' to 'Will Megan be proven innocent in time??' lead Undead Much to be a suspenseful page turner. Lastly, Jay's writing was up to key as usual and tended to have the feeling of true teen's voice throughout.

My only complaint was the ending which totally left you on a cliff hanger and I absolutely have no clue if there will be another. Though, I certainly hope there will be because this series is staring to become a favorite of mine.

In all, Undead Much proves to be a fabulous addition to this fun series!
 
Grade: A-

Undead Much? will be released January 22, 2010! Also, be sure to check out the excerpt posted on Jay's site and the trailer featured below:



Source: Publisher for review. Thanks Gillian!

3 comments:

  1. I'm almost with the first book !
    I can't wait until I get to read the sequel!
    I hope there's more romance with Ethan and Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I haven't read the first book, I read your review anyway. I'm glad I did. I really like the sound of this and it was great to hear that this exceeded your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is it looks like a nice review! I skimmed a bit, and it sounds interesting. Hate getting spoilers, lol. A- though, so I guess I'll have to check this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com