6.7.11

Waiting on Wednesday (113)

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I couldn't settle on just one book this week so my two picks are...


Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.
I hadn't heard anything about this one until I saw the cover release post yesterday on Late Bloomer Online. After reading the summary and seeing the cover, I automatically added it to my wishlist, though, because not only does it sound spectacular (hot boys, "gifts", and murder plots?! Count me in!) but the cover is stunning as well. All I can say is this will definitely be a must read for me come its release in September!

Cursed will be released in September 2012.


Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
Things couldn't be better for 15-year-old Willa Fox: Her mom has just moved them to beautiful Paradise Valley, playground for the rich and powerful. Already Willa's been welcomed into the inner circle of her school's most exclusive clique and she's attracted the attentions of the superfine Aidan Murphy. But when Willa finds out that her new best friends are actually bullies, she decides she has to take a stand—even if it means taking the law into her own hands. 
This book's cover was officially released yesterday as well. However, I got a sneak-peak of it in HarperTeen's Winter 2012 catalog last week, and let me tell you, I cannot wait to read this book. Not only does the premise sound amazing and unique (I've seen it billed as a modern day Robin Hood), but the cover is fabulous as well. I mean, the red shoes?! I want a pair of them. Plus, I love the purple background. The downside? This one won't be released until 2012, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Pretty Crooked will be released March 13, 2012.

Are you looking forward to these as well? Or something different? Let me know in the comments! :)

11 comments:

  1. You're right Cursed sounds like could be a really good read! :) So thanks for spreading the word! Its on my wish list as well now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Crooked is mine this week. I have an interview with Elisa about the cover....hope you stop by!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great picks! I hadn't heard of either of them before right now. (And Kendi @ kendieveryday.blogspot.com has a pair of shoes like that from Urban Outfitters... she's wearing them in the most recent post & has linked to them before.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both sound fantastic! I love the summaries and the covers. A win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, count me in for Cursed. I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR pile. I love a good potential murder mystery, that includes gifts that may not be thought of as gifts, and hot boys you want to kiss. lol. Plus, how much do I love the fact that her name is Ember, that's awesome! ;)

    Great WoW! And Pretty Crooked looks like a lot of fun too. :)

    Happy Reading! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My IMM
    My Teaser Tuesday
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both sounds so good! I haven't heard of Cursed yet so it's a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't hear of Cursed, but the cover is awesome (I love her hair) and the concept sounds interesting. Adding to my TBR pile :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to both of these! Cursed especially, the synopsis sounds great. I love the cover for both of them as well - great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both look great! thanks, i'm adding them to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are fab! That cover of Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig is amazing, I want a hardcover of that one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for including Pretty Crooked here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com