11.3.18

Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post (35)




Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

*I'm currently giving away one copy of Alexandra Monir's The Final Six and swag HERE! US only!* 

New Books: 

For Review: 


The Final Six by Alexandra Monir 
Save the Date by Morgan Matson 
Learning to Breathe by Janice Lynn Mather 
August and Everything After by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Out of Left Field by Kris Hui Lee
Blood Lace by Trinity Scott 
The Family Tabor by Cherise Wolas
Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman 

Much thanks goes to Pocket Books, Simon and Schuster, HarperTeen, Sourcebooks Fire, Flatiron Books, & First to Read/Penguin!! 

Bought: 


America's Next Reality Star by Laura Heffernan
Sweet Reality by Laura Heffernan 

Books Read This Week:



The Final Six by Alexandra Monir: Such an exciting start to Alexandra's new series! I can't wait for the net one. 
Izzy As Is by by Tracie Banister: This book was so much fun! There were a ton of laugh-out-loud moments and I loved the main character. She was confident and sassy. A tad full of herself? Sure, but there was still a lot to love about her! Look out for my review soon!   
Time Next by  Carolyn Cohagan: I had mixed feelings about the prequel to Time Next; however, Carolyn truly stepped up her game with this one.  I started it right before I had to be somewhere and let me tell you, I had such a hard time putting it down! There's lots of twists and turns and the introduction of a new society. 
Nothing Left to Burn by Heather Ezell: Everyone loves this book, and I'm right there with them! Nothing Left to Burn wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It's fiery and passionate. It's fast paced and to the point. Throughout you feel this sense of urgency in regards to the fire, Audrey's big secret, her boyfriend's actions, etc.   
The Recipe Box by Viola Shipman: Unfortunately, this was a DNF. I gave it until 25% but I just couldn't get into it.  

Life Update: 

With spring break & my trip to Florida on my mind, I can't say this was my most productive week ever lol And the snow day on Wednesday didn't exactly help either. 

Talking about that snow, the prediction was so off. We were told we we're going to get 12-16 inches and everyone was PANICKED, and then we ended up with barely 3, most of which melted that day. Not that I'm complaining. I'd much rather get less than more. 

Other than that, I did get some good reading in. Izzy As Is is such a fun, romantic read! It reads like one of my favorite rom coms. Seriously, if you're craving some summery fun or a beach/pool read if you're somewhere warm, definitely consider picking it up! I'm also excited about my book haul this week. Simon & Schuster uploaded all their summer books to Netgalley this week; however, I was good and only downloaded two...so far lol I also couldn't resist buying Laura's other two books because they were on sale for 99 cents and I had a gift card. I have been in the mood to go a book-buying spree lately, but I'm trying to hold myself off unit l read the last like 29393 books I've bought. 

That's pretty much it for this week! I'm off to Florida tonight and will be there for the majority of the week so I probably won't be as active around here. BUT I do have posts scheduled so watch out for them :) 

*ICYMII'm currently giving away one copy of Alexandra Monir's The Final Six and swag HERE! US only!* 

Twitter | Bloglovin | Goodreads 

9 comments:

  1. Lots of amazing books this week and WOW, to reading 6 books in a week. I usually only get about 2/3 a week myself. Have a great week!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing books this week! Have a fun time in Florida, the weather is supposed to be really nice down there. Our family all lives down near the beaches. I miss the beaches... Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other People's Houses and The Final Six both look really good. Time NExt looks intriguing too, and that one is totally new to me. Will have to check em out.

    Glad the snow wasn't too bad. We got some too and had a snow day, but it wasn't as bad as it might have been.

    Have fun in Florida!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time in Florida!!

    We actually got way more snow than I expected, and it was nice to have the day off from work. I've never read Morgan Matson before, but Save the Date looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Final Six and Orphan Monster Spy are two on my list to read. Seems like you have a lot of good books to review. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you think of Orphan Monster Spy. It looks really good. Safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful time in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your books look good and I love the covers, especially Izzy As Is. Enjoy Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Florida sounds like a great place to be right about now... I need winter to mind its own business and get outta here. LOL. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely day, Lauren. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com