13.5.18

Sunday Post/Stacking the Shelves: Surprises & Good Books





Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

New Books: 

For Review: 


One Small Thing by Erin Watt 
One Baby Daddy (Dating by the Numbers, #3) by Meghan Quinn


Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf 

Much thanks goes to Harlequin Teen, Meghan Quinn/Inkslinger PR, and EntangledTeen!!

Books Read this Week:  


Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman: It took me a while to get into this; however, by the end I was so glad I stuck it out. Other People's Houses is equal parts funny and sad, and it does a great job of capturing so many different aspects of life... careers, relationships, marriage, etc. Abbi said a lot in this book that resonated with me. 

Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4) by Kelly Elliott: This series is one of my guilty pleasures. The Parker family is so endearing - I can't get enough of them! While this wasn't my favorite of the series, I was still so happy that Waylynn (finally!) get her happy ending. 

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang: This was one of my most anticipated books of 2018, and it did not disappoint. Funny, charming, and romantic. 

The Real Michael Swann by Bryan Reardon: The synopsis of this one intrigued me - a women's life is turned upside down when her husband is involved in a suspected terrorist bombing - but it ended up not being the book for me. I found it hard to connect with the main characters, and I never found the plot to be exciting or thrilling - I could see the big twist coming from the very start. 

Book I'm Currently Reading: 


The Queen of Hearts by Kimmery Martin: This was one of my FirstToRead books, but the download expired before I got the chance to read it. Thankfully, my library got a copy in. I'm excited to start it. It's been compared to Grey's Anatomy

Life Update: 

This week went by super fast, but it was a good week overall! I read some great books - The Kiss Quotient & Other People's Houses were sooooo good - and the Bring Me Their Hearts box was such a wonderful, unexpected surprise! I always love getting these kinds of boxes, and the little book cover, in particular, is so cool. I never expected to get approved for One Small Thing on Netgalley either so that was a great surprise. I LOVE Erin Watt's books. 

I also went to Target today and bought three shirts. I have such a hard time finding clothes I like so it was a big deal. And trying clothes on made me realize just how much weight I've lost. I'm down about 25 pounds since December, and I have gone down 2 shirt sizes, which I didn't even realize! It's such an amazing feeling. 

Have a great week everyone, and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! :) 

7 comments:

  1. Nice book haul! Glad you loved the Kiss Quotient-I thought it was totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Bring Me Their Hears looks AMAZING!! Can't wait to see what you think :)

    -Ashley
    http://www.whatsyourstoryreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss. That's awesome. I liked Other People's Houses. It was a really thoughtful look at being a mom, a wife, a woman, and a friend. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new Erin Watt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 pounds - wow! That's amazing! I'm forever in a battle with my weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring Me their Hearts looks sooo good! And I love the cover of Queen of Hearts as well.

    Glad it was a good week! Hope this week is a good one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the weight loss! I'm about 2/3 into Kiss Quotient and I think it's great. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for Bring Me Their Hearts is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com