3.9.09

The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don't Mind by Kirstin Cronn- Mills

Summary:

I borrow the car again from Grandma and drive out to my hill. I scream I AM A BIG FAT ZERO, plus I AM SWEARING OFF KISSING FOREVER, and I HATE BEING A SECRET SEX FIEND, about sixteen times each. Then I sit very still and watch a hawk swirl over the fields. I have to get a new life before I go crazy.

Sixteen-year-old Morgan lives in a hick town. Her mom was killed in a car accident when she was two, her dad drinks, and her stepmom is a non-entity. Her boyfriend Derek is boring and she can't stop staring at her coworker Rob's cute butt. Then there's the kiss she shared with her neighbor Tessa . . . But when Morgan discovers a devastating secret about the one person she completely trusted, her entire world crashes and she must redefine her life and herself.

Compelling and complex,
The Sky Always Hears Me is a fast-paced narrative with raw humor and a heart-wrenching twist.

Review:

The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don't Mind is a teen angst ridden novel making it a star in my eyes. If you aren't captured by this funny and sometimes heartbreaking novel at first, don't worry you will be by the end.

Morgan is a character whose facing a lot going on right now. Her boyfriend is boring and lousy in certain departments, she just kissed one of her ex-friends....whose a girl, and she and her fellow co-worker at work may have more then platonic feelings for each others. Plus, her grandma may or may not be hiding a huge secret from her. The one thing I liked most about Morgan was that she has a problem or situation that any teen can find and relate to in their own way. Mine being getting out of the small town I grew up in, since she felt the same way. Plus, the secondary characters were also a riot which made me come to love Rob, Tess, and Ingrid. Since,they were always getting themselves in situations that was either extremely funny or sad.

The plot was also pretty good and kept the novel following at a rapid pace making The Sky Always Hears Me and The Hills Don't Mind hard to put down. The only complaint I really had was how Kristin would jump from month to month, not really talking about what happened it between. For example for one chapter of the story she would be talking about March and then all of sudden in the couple of pages she would jump to the end of April. Though, in all, this wasn't at all that a big of a deal and did not detract one bit from this.

Overall, The Sky Always Hears Me and The Hills Don't Mind is one novel that definitely does not disappoint. I truly look forward to reading what Kristin has up next.

Grade: A-

The Sky Always Hears Me and The Hills Don't Mind is now available! Also, be sure to check out the book trailer and Kristin's website!

* Much thanks goes to CK at Flux for sending this to me!

5 comments:

  1. This books sounds great, Lauren! I'm writing down the title. Now I'm off to see the book trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going on my list. Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Really* looking forward to reading this one. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've have this on my wishlist and can't wait to read it. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to come out of my little paranormal bubble for this one---and it doesn't happen very often!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com