A couple of mintues ago, I was sitting at my computer bored and trying not to think about the terrible day I had (A long story that I will not get into here, because it does not at all relate to blogging), when all of sudden I realized what today is, got in a way better mood, and decied that I must post about it and use a fancy font to go along with it.
So what is it you may ask? Well, today, May 28th, is my blogiversary! That means it's been exactly TWO YEARS since I made my first post here, and I simply can't believe it.
When I first started Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf, I had no clue that not only would I keep at for years, but that it would become such an important part of who I am. Going with the last part of that statement, I just want to say just how much I love blogging, because I feel that I don't say it often enough here.
I love and enjoy so many things about it that I've even decided to make a list. Because I love lists, as well:
So, I love blogging because:
- I get to share my love of reading and talk about all the books I read from the fab to the truly awful.
- Comments. While I'm terribly bad at replying to them, I read each and every one, and they usually make my day in some small way. :)
- The people I've 'met' through this. All the bloggers/authors/ publicists/etc. I have 'met' have helped in some way make me a better book blogger each and everyday.
- I get FAN MAIL even once in a blue moon. I mean everyone loves fan mail, right?
- I get to read so many other great blogs also and hear about so many books (as well as TV shows like GLEE, which I have one huge obsession with) that I would have no clue about it I didn't blog.
- The opportunities. From review requests to interview requests staring me .... it's endless, and they never fail to make me think, "They like me! They really like me!" lol. ;)
- And many other reasons that I can't think of now.
So in all, thanks to everyone who who has been a reader from the start to all the new ones who have joined me in this last year! I'm so glad that you read my blog, and let's get hoping that THIS year is even better than the last! :)
Lastly, people usually have Blogiversary contests (I even had one last year...), but I already have so many contests running, as well as new ones coming up this week, that I don't want to host a big shin-ding yet. Though, there will be one, and there's a 99% it will occur in August, just in time for my B-day! So keep an eye out for it!