Kristina Springer is the debut author of, The Espressologist, which was released this past Tuesday by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux and her second book, My Fake Boyfriend Is Better Then Yours, is due to be out sometime next year. You can also friend her on Facebook (or fan her Espressologist page), follow her on Twitter, check out her blog, or visit her MySpace.
Food? Trader Joe's Black Truffle Flatbread. Yum
Drink? Iced mochas :-)
Book? Ah man, there are tons. How about series? Lauren Myracle's TTYL series is one of my faves.
Movie? You'e Got Mail
2) Can you describe you newest book, The Espressologist, in five words or less?
Love & Lattes!
Pretty much. Before I got my agent it was The Espressologist is In. Before we subbed we shortened it to just The Espressologist.
4) The Espressologist has had three different covers as far as I know which leaves me to wonder if the final one if your favorite out the three or if you preferred one of the others over it.
I do have a favorite line! But I'm not sure it makes sense out of context so I'll describe the situation. Melissa, the nasty girl taunting my main character Jane, comes in for a drink. I love how Jane documents her drink when she leaves. :-)
6) Is there anything that you hope the readers of The Espressologist will take from it?
Smiles, laughs, um, ideas for new coffee drinks to try? :-)
7) What was your road to publication like?
I just posted a super detailed concept to publication timeline on Author2Author last week-- http://author2author.blogspot.com/2009/10/espressologist-concept-to-pub-timeline.html
8) You’re part of an amazing group called the 2009 Debutantes which leaves me to wonder what your experience has been like being a Deb.
9) Is there one book out there that you just wish you had written yourself?
Harry Potter. Kidding! No, I can't say that there is a book I wish I'd done. I'm happy writing my books. :-)
10) What’s up next for you?
My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours will be released in fall of 2010.
11) Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for having me!
You're welcome and more importantly thanks for taking the time to fill out the questions, Kristina! :)
Anyway, I know for certain I can't wait to read The Esperessolgist, but what about you all?