29.8.10

In My Mailbox: Week 85

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi at The Story Siren.

For Review:

Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles (Such an AMAZING follow-up!!! I think it was even better than Leaving Paradise. Be sure to check back for my review next week. Thanks, Flux!)
Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook (Very cute chick-lit from the author of Must Love Dogs (Have you seen the movie adaption? It's great! Anyhow, be sure to check back for a review soon!)
Kiss Me Deadly edited by Trisha Telep (I was so excited to receive this one, but it's only okay so far so I'm hoping it'll get better. Thanks, Nicole!)
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan (I read it as soon as I got it and let me tell you, it was so good. Defiantly one of my favorite books of '10 and very similar to something Sarah Dessen or Meg Cabot would write. Anyhow, be sure to lookout for my review, as well as a contest for the book, coming soon! Thanks, Selena!)
When I Was Joe by (It's really good so far! Thanks, Jessica!)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (So excited about this one, even though I haven't read Catching Fire yet (I know, I'm so bad!) Thanks, Natalie! )
Solid by Shelley Workinger (Looks really good! Thanks, Shelley!)
The Brave Escape of Edith Wharton by Connie Nordhielm Wooldridge (Surprise package and it actually looks quite interesting! Thanks, Clarion Books!)
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler (I've heard so many amazing things about this one so I can't wait to read it! Thanks, Graphia!)


Won from Mavie at The Bookologist:

Take the Reins by Jessica Burkhart (Looks cute! Thanks, Mavie & S&S!)

Swag from author Denise Jaden (Thanks so much Denise!):

~ Losing Faith Bookmarks to put with books I giveaway here and some to put out at the library were I volunteer at.
~ Got Faith? Stickers (Not shown, but they are supper cute!)
~ Assorted bookmarks for other authors and their books (including Freefall by Mindi Scott, a book I'm dying to read!)
~ Book plate for Losing Faith and Mistwood
~ A note from Denise

In all, a great week book and swag wise!

On another note, I will be starting school tomorrow. Oh, the horror of it all! And while I'll not only be sleep deprived and up to my head in work until next June (Cue *sigh*), I'll still be around in blogging world as much as I can (and given the fact I already have posts scheduled through mid October you won't be getting rid of me for a while ;). Please be patient with me if you send me an email, though, because it will probably take a day or two for me to answer them with school and everything. But for now, wish be luck, because quite frankly I need it. haha. :)

Anyhow, enough about me, what did you get this week? Anything cool? Let me know in the comments and feel free to link to your IMM posts in the comments, so I can check them out.

18 comments:

  1. So many books! Mockingjay and Return to Paradise!!! *jealous*

    Here's my mailbox, wish I have a copy of Mockingjay as well D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MUST read Catching Fire ASAP!! ;) I read IKPYSE a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it too!! Enjoy all your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Hunger so much - it sounds brilliant. Awesome book week for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week Lauren! I agree about I Now Pronounce You Someone Else - I read it as soon as my copy arrived too and I loved it! It's definitely stuck with me.

    Also, When I Was Joe is a great read, and Solid sounds cool. I can't wait to see what you make of Hunger - I'm still debating pre-ordering that one.

    Good luck with your first day back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. feeling your going back to school pain! awesome books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Hunger! I really want to read that :p. I Now Pronounce You Someone else looks good too! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of Return to Paradise!

    Everyone has Mockingjay. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books + swag! Hunger looks awesome, same with Kiss Me Deadly,

    Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost count of what I bought this week, ha ha. Enjoy Hunger. I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I Was Joe and Mockingjay are both amazing. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! I've been wanting to read Hunger! Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had an awesome week! I have a few of the same books. I have to agree with you about INPYSE. It was great!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mailbox, I love seeing all the different swag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you got alot of great books. I've seen Hunger before and it looked kinda interesting. Hope you have fun reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great new reads!

    I got Return To Paradise for review too! I'm curious about Hunger! Happy reading.

    My mailbox is here!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com