17.10.17

Review: 69 Million Things I Hate About You by Kira Archer



Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website
After personal assistant Kiersten Abbott wins sixty-nine million dollars in the lotto, she suddenly has more than enough money to quit her impossibly demanding job. But where’s the fun in that? She decides to stay and exact a little revenge on her insufferable ass of a boss.

Billionaire Cole Harrington quickly figures out something’s afoot with his usually agreeable personal assistant. When he finds out about the office pool betting on how long it’ll take him to fire her, he decides to spice things up and see how far he can push her until she quits.

The game is on, with everyone waiting to see who will crack first. But the bet sparks a new dynamic between them, and soon they realize they just might have crossed that fine line between hate and love.
Review: 

Three words to describe 69 Million Things I Hate About You? Feisty, funny, and flirty!  

69 Million Things addresses the question we've all thought about at some point: what would I do if I won the MEGA jackpot? Kiersten Abbott plans to keep the big win under the radar and take revenge on her horrible, nasty boss until he eventually fires her. Cole Harrington, on the other hand, knows something is up, and he fully plans to let Kiersten do her thing until he figures out what exactly she's hiding.  The only problem? There more revenge that is enacted the more Cole and Kiersten start to see another r word beginning - romance. 

There was a lot I enjoyed about this one; however, one of my absolute favorite aspects? The characters, of course! 

Kiersten basically embodies every disgruntled employee out there - the one who has bent over backwards for a boss but never has gotten as much as a simple thank you. Kiersten is angry, bent on revenge and rightfully so! However, what truly made Kiersten stand out to me was that she was much more than just an angry person. She was also sweet, hardworking, a good friend. I found it easy to relate to her, and I especially loved how their was such a focus on her friend group. Her interactions with her roommates were some of my favorite parts of the book, especially when they had their wild nights out. 

Cole is the male character you hate-to-love, especially at first. He's arrogant, sassy, and egotistical; however, the more you get to know him, the more you realize it's just an armor he uses to hide himself from pain. While some parts of his behavior is still inexcusable, I let his original behavior slide more and more as the book progressed. Surprising as it may be he did have the capability to do sweet things (the moment at the end especially made me go AWWWW!). 

The plot in this was fast paced as well as equal parts revengeful and romantic. Kiersten's revenge plots were not only super creative but downright hilarious! The night out she shared with Cole's mom had to be one of my favorites - I think I laughed for a five straight minutes regarding that! I also loved the slow-burn feel to Cole and Kiersten's romance. While I always knew they'd end up together, it still gave a will-they-or-won't-they-feel, and I just loved the chemistry that slowly built up as the book progressed. 

So if you've ever dreamed off taking revenge out against your miserable boss, let yourselves step into Kiersten's shoes. It's one heck of a ride - funny, conniving, and, most importantly, romantic! I can't wait to read more by Kira Archer. 

Grade: B+ 

69 Million Things I Hate About You is now out! 

Source: eARC provided by publisher 


Buy Links: 




4 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'll never win the lottery, but I do sometimes think about what I would do if I did - how much money I would need to be able to quit my job! Getting revenge against the boss definitely sounds funny! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, getting revenge on my boss isn't something I would be thinking about if I won the lottery but it sounds like a fun read for sure. Cole and Kiersten are those kind of characters that I definitely would like to read about too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "Feisty, funny, and flirty" and this one definitely has my attention after reading the blurb. I don't have a boss that is horrible to take revenge on, doubt I would even if I did lol. Glad you liked the story Both characters sound interesting. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, wait a second! The heroine spells her name the way I spelled my daughter's name (you don't see it that way too often). Ok, back to the review. You three word description is enough to make me read this book. I am all about the fun and flirty, and feisty is just the icing on top. I am a very character driven reader, so I have to love the characters, and it made you "awwww". I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com