29.10.17

Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post (18)







Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

New Books this Week:   

  

  

 

For Review: 

The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody
The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1) by Lauren DeStefano 
Monster (Gone, #7) by Michael Grant  
Haven by Mary Lindsey
Dial Meow for Murder by Bethany Blake 
The Thing with Feathers by McCall Hoyle
The Divine Heart by Danielle R. Mani 

 Much thanks goes to HarperCollins, Simon Pulse, The Fantastic Flying Book Club, Silver Dagger Book Tours, Keingston, Blink, PR By the Book, Entangled Teen, and Danielle R. Mani!

Haven actually came in this really fantastic box filled with goodies: 




Books Read this Week: 

 

  

Thigh Highs by Katia Rose: I enjoyed Katia's Latte Girl but this one was 1000000 x better! Check back this week for my review! 
Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis: Very cute! My only compliant? I wish it had been longer! 
Too Distracting by Bethany Lopez: The typical enemies to lovers romance, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless! 
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins: Reviews have been very mixed on this one, but I ended up loving it. The mystery was delightfully creepy. The romance was enjoyable. And the twist and turns (a.k.a. the hit list) kept me coming back for more. 
One Summer Night by Caridad Pineiro: Another friends to lovers romance. Very cute overall. 
Diamonds for Christmas by Holly Blair: My second novella of the week, and a christmas themed second-chance romance! Adorable and cheerful - just wish there had been some more development. 

Books Reviewed this Week: 
*Covers Link to Reviews* 

   


New in my Reading/Blogging/Personal Life: 

I didn't even realize how much I'd read this week until I listed them all above! Seriously, I don't know how I do it sometimes, I really don't. Here's to another hopefully successful reading week! 

So many surprises this week in the mail! Wasn't expecting Glass Spare, Monster, or Haven. I loved Lauren's past series so I'm excited to read Glass Spare. I've never read Michael Grant's the Gone series; however, this one is actually a spin-off of the series rather than a sequel. We'll see how that goes. 

As for my personal life, another busy week at school/work! I swear there's nothing better than being able to sleep in on Saturday mornings. I also used my oven for the first time since moving in back in August lol Not to make an actual meal, though, just some sugar cookies ;) 

Also, can we just take a moment to think about how it's ALMOST November?! Where is the time going?! 

Twitter | Bloglovin | Goodreads 

Have a great week everyone! :) 

10 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how it is already going to be November. It's crazy how fast this year has went by. Your new books this week are pretty amazing. The Haven goodie box especially. Enjoy girl! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing when you mentioned using your oven, because we moved here in July, and I have yet to use mine. Once my daughter left for college I started cooking in the microwave. The Thing with Feathers looks like my kind of book. Reviews are all over the place, but it could work for me. I agree. I loved Sean's story (Holiday Wishes) so much, and would have loved more. The good thing is, Shalivs always circles back to her couples in her series (like how we attending Pru and Fin's wedding).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got there! I hope you will enjoy reading them all. :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, jealous about the goody box :) so cool. I hope you like the book :)
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven looks tempting. The goodie box reeled me in.

    Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your review of There's Someone Inside Your House!! I'll be checking back to your blog :)

    Yay for all those goodies! That's so exciting.

    I'm dying to read The Glass Spare. It looks amazing. Hope you love it, Lauren :)
    Have a great week ❤

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got so many pretty books!! Yay!!!
    Haave a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the title of There's Someone Inside Your House is enough to creep me out and make me avoid it, lol.
    Looking forward to reading Thigh Highs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of books to read in a week - and they all look really good! Thigh Highs caught my eye. Can't wait for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely unboxing photos! I also got Haven and the related package and I'm really curious about the book. I read The Chaos of Standing Still last week and it didn't work for me at all. 😭 I think it is time for me to break up with Brody's books. Oh well! I hope you enjoy your latest additions, Lauren!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com