3.11.17

Review: Diamonds for Christmas (Juniper Falls #3) by Holly Blair

Summery:
Ruby Parker is looking forward to a holly, jolly Xmas without her ex in the picture. She’ll have to avoid her meddlesome aunt, who is determined to see Ruby get hitched before she hands over the family jewelry store and keeps setting Ruby up on the worst blind dates imaginable.

Declan Rossi returns to Juniper Falls to tend to his ill father. His matchmaker sisters want nothing more than to see Declan settle down. Too bad Declan only has eyes for his ex-fiancé, Ruby.

Ruby and Declan enter into a fake engagement for a chance to convince their interfering families to give them some much-needed space. All they have to do is pretend to be in love again, how hard can it be? There’s only one problem. What happens when they want to turn their make-believe romance into reality?

Novella-length romance, approximately 17,000 words.
Review: 

It's only October and I've already read six holiday themed books, and honestly, the holiday loving fanatic in me couldn't been any happier! There's not much that makes my heart sing like a classic holiday romance, especially when a snowy backdrop is included.Therefore, when Holly Blair's Diamonds for Christmas, the third book in the Juniper Fall series, landed on my radar I was saying "yes please!" as soon as I saw the cozy cover. 

The Result? Diamonds for Christmas is like a cup of hot chocolate - warm as well as cozy! 

One of my favorite aspects of Diamonds for Christmas was the setting. There's something just so utterly delightful and whimsical about Juniper Falls. Holly's descriptions of the town where lush and descriptive - almost drool-worthy. I wish I could transport myself to a winter wonderland as adorable as Ruby and Declan's small-town.

The plot mainly revolved around Ruby and Declan's second-chance romance, and as a big fan of second chance romance, I was delighted to see it evolve as time went on. I especially enjoyed how Holly gave it a twist through first having Ruby and Declan's reunion as a fake relationship. It caused for some laughs as well as tension, and more importantly, it made them falling in love again all the sweeter. In addition romance, a little of the plot revolved around Ruby and Declan's jobs and families. I thoroughly enjoyed the addition of both, especially in regards to Ruby's family. Her grandmother and sister were funny and just the right kind of meddling. However, I do wish some more development was done in regards to these story lines. 

As for the characters, I liked Ruby and Declan but didn't love them. Don't get me wrong, there were both sweet and caring individuals. Additionally, it was very evident that they did in fact love each other. I just never got to know them well enough to go from liking them to loving them. It's what makes me have a love-hate-relationship with novellas at times, because I feel that sometimes if there was just slightly more pages, I could love the story and the characters even more. 

Regardless, Diamonds for Christmas is an enjoyable holiday romance, and while I didn't personally read it with a pipping cup of hot coco, I think it would be the perfect paring! 

Grade: B

Diamonds for Christmas is now out! 

Source: eBook provided by author - thanks Holly! 



Buy Link:  


Author Link: 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute read! I've been trying to make an effort this year to read more holiday-themed books; it can be so fun to immerse yourself in these cozy stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already six! Wow, that's really good! I have read zero holiday themed books. I should def. read one before 2018 starts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for holiday romance novella! I usually don't read any holiday-themed books but I've already read a few as well... I'm in such a holly jolly mood and I am going to sit back and enjoy November and December. And holiday romance books. 😊 I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com