18.2.18

Sunday Post/Stacking the Shelves (32)




Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and focuses on new books that were received/bought/borrowed this week while the Sunday Post is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and focuses on recapping your week. 

New Books: 

For Review: 


Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy 
The Secrets We Bury by Stacie Ramey 
Lady Gone Wicked by Elizabeth Bright 
The Subway Girls by Susie Orman Schnall
As She Fades by Abbi Glines 
The Art of French Kissing by Brianna R. Shrum 

Much thanks goes to Entangled, Sourcebooks Fire, Fierce Reads, SkyPony books, and Simon and Schuster! 

From Giveaway: 



Seeking Mansfield (Seeking Mansfield #1) by Kate Watson
Shoot the Moon (Seeking Mansfield #2)by Kate Watson

Thanks Kate & SMADA's Book Smack

Bought: 


Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm 
eBook deals are my weakness, especially when said deal is only 99 CENTS!! 

Books Read this Week: 




Finding Felicity by Stacey Kade: It's been a long time since I've read a book by Kade (back in her debut year, which was 2010!!) but now that I've read this one I want to go back and read all of her backlist! Finding Felicity was sweet, heartwarming, and hopeful. It had a college setting, which I LOVED, and it focused more on growing up/moving on than romance, which I also liked. Look out for this one in March!

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennet: I was planning to read this one in March, but I couldn't hold off any longer. Just like Alex, Approximately, Starry Eyes was laugh-out-loud funny, swoony, and angsty! I could've read about Lennon and Zorie's adventures for days. Plus this book has ME (someone who has SWORN off camping in any style) craving a camping trip. That's when you know Jenn's descriptions are on point!

As She Fades by Abbi Glines: After my wish was granted on Tuesday, I dove right in to this, because when it comes to new Abbi Glines books there is no such thing as waiting. I liked As She Fades. It was an easy, quick read, but it wasn't any Sea Breeze or Rosemary Beach book by a long shot. While I'm okay with that, I wish it had that kind of magic :( 

The Penthouse Pact by Cathryn Fox: After reading some long books this week, a book under 200 pages was a treat. Billionaire books are my guilty pleasure, and this one was definitely enjoyable. But there's definitely been some others I've liked better! 

Your Destination Is on the Left by Lauren Spieller: So up until this point You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone was my favorite 2018 debut, but this one is truly giving it a run for its money! I LOOOVED this book! It's about growing up, letting go, being brave, and standing up for yourself. I loved the art world. I loved the setting. And I especially loved the characters! What I liked the most, however, was the ending. It was bittersweet - not a complete HEA by any means - but it was beyond the perfect fit. Add this one to your TBRs - you don't want to miss it, especially if you love books by Sarah Dessen. 

Life Update: 

I feel like I've been a bad blogger lately. I'm so behind on commenting back, and I haven't been tweeting nearly as much as I would like :( I'm hoping this week to finally get my butt in gear, but sorry to all those who have been commenting! I promise I'll be visiting/commenting back soon. 

Other than that it was a relatively good/quick week! A friend from undergrad visited on Monday and brought Dunkin' with her, which was nice. Their blueberry muffins are my weakness. I got my nails done yesterday, and that was a nice treat too. I went with a darkish purplish color - something different from my normal red - and I'm really liking it.  

How was your week? Read any good books? Let me know in the comments! :) 

8 comments:

  1. Wasn't Starry Eyes the most charming? Jenn Bennett writes some of the swooniest YA contemporaries. I have Your Destination, and I'm excited to read it.
    I hope you enjoy all your new books. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Abbi Glines' books...so thanks for sharing. Enjoy your week!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a good week! Now A Major Motion Picture looks good, and Starry Eyes keeps catching my attention with that awesome cover . Plus it just sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the giveaway wins!

    Glad it was a good week and you got to see your friend! Blueberry muffins are also delish ;) Yum!
    I always want to paint my nails when I see all the beautiful colours there are to choose from, but I never seem to get round to it! I also don't like it when they start to chip off, so I never really see the point :( But ahhh, the colours are sometimes so pretty! I love the sparkly ones!

    Have a great week, Lauren :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Prince in Disguise, it looks so cute!

    I haven't had a manicure in forever; I usually do them myself, so of course they never look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Starry Eyes and Felicity were good. I have them coming up soonish. Yeah for Prince in Disguise! I love Strohm so much and want everyone to read her books. They are so fun! Congrats on your win. I like the Mansfield series. I hope you love all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m always behind on commenting back. I don’t think I’ll ever catch up, but I keep trying. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now A Major A Motion Picture and Lady Gone Wicked seem like they would be good books.Sometimes life gets busy but you'll get caught up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com